This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] No log file present
I downloaded and installed recent version of Hybrid: rev 2023.03.17.1

When I try to open video file I get following error message:

No log file present,... "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\mediainfo.exe" --Language=en --File_TestContinuousFileNames=0 "--LogFile=C:/Users/Tomek398/AppData/Local/Temp/mediaInfoLog.txt" --Full "J:\GoPro8_Media\2023.09.17 Canonball Ireland 2023\GH010827.MP4"

I had older version of Hybrid installed in the past. I haven't changed any setting yet.

Thanks

Windows 10Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Quote:Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Sadly, you did not, or you ignored it. Sad

the error
No log file present,...
happen if mediainfo does not create the log file.
Hybrid seems to be calling:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\mediainfo.exe" --Language=en --File_TestContinuousFileNames=0 "--LogFile=C:/Users/Tomek398/AppData/Local/Temp/mediaInfoLog.txt" --Full "J:\GoPro8_Media\2023.09.17 Canonball Ireland 2023\GH010827.MP4"
which should create:
C:/Users/Tomek398/AppData/Local/Temp/mediaInfoLog.txt
but does not.
Possible reasons that come to mind:
a. the input file is corrupt
b. some tool is interfering and preventing mediainfo to write or Hybrid to access the log file.
c. some incompatibility with mediainfo and your system
d. some hardware issue

First thing I would try is:
a. checking that the log file is not corrupt and can be accessed from the system without issues.
b. try what happens if you call:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\mediainfo.exe" --Language=en --File_TestContinuousFileNames=0 "--LogFile=C:/Users/Tomek398/AppData/Local/Temp/mediaInfoLog.txt" --Full "J:\GoPro8_Media\2023.09.17 Canonball Ireland 2023\GH010827.MP4"
inside a Windows command line terminal. (does it create the log file?)
c. Specify a dedicated temp folder for Hybrid (Config->Paths) and make sure no antivirus tool is interfering.

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
Thank you for replying and sorry for not attaching the debug file. I've done it (edited my first post)

It looks that mediaInfoLog.txt file is not created in the /local/temp/   

I change the 'Default temp path' to different location but it didn't help. Still,  mediaInfoLog.txt was not created in that new path.

Quote:a. the input file is corrupt

Input seems to be OK. It is video file from GoPro 8. I tried to import several files from GoPro and the problems is the same. 
However I can import video file recoded by smartphone or other camera (some Sony Action Cam). It that case I don't see any error messages in Hybrid when opening file, but mediaInfoLog.txt file is NOT created in the Default temp path. I don't know why is that. 

Quote:b. some tool is interfering and preventing mediainfo to write or Hybrid to access the log file.
I closed all other programs which could interfere. 

Quote:c. some incompatibility with mediainfo and your system
d. some hardware issue
It's hard to comment on it. I have pretty much standard system. Windows 10 + Intel CPU + NVidia GPU. 

Quote:b. try what happens if you call:
I tried. I didn't get any error message but  mediaInfoLog.txt was not created in  C:/Users/Tomek398/AppData/Local/Temp/
I have no clue. Since I haven't changed anything about mediainfo handling in my dev versions since the last release, sending you a link to a dev version should not influence the problem.
Since it does work with other files.
Does it work with the files if you move them to another folder?
Do you have a (preferably small) file which causes the problem that you can share with me? (so I can reproduce it here)

Cu Selur
------
I sent you link to example of video file from GoPro8 which is causing problems. 

It looks that files from other sources can be imported to Hybrid without any issues, however mediaInfoLog.txt is not created too. 

Thanks
Tom
Got the sample and I can reproduce the problem.
MediaInfo can't handle the file at all.
When I analyse the file with ffmpeg, I get:
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0000017f21c7ddc0] All samples in data stream index:id [4:5] have zero duration, stream set to be discarded by default. Override using AVStream->discard or -discard for ffmpeg command.
my guess is that is what is causing the issue.
Remuxing the file with mkvtoolnix before feeding it to Hybrid does seem to fix the issue. (it drops the data stream)
So I would recommend doing that. Smile (not a mediainfo dev, so nothing I can do about the problem)

Cu Selur

Ps.: If you want this 'fixed' you need to report the problem, that mediainfo can't handle GoPro8 clips) over at https://github.com/MediaArea/MediaInfo
------
Thank you for checking my file. I'll report that issue. 

I was hoping to use Hybrid to covert a few hundred of video files I recorded with GoPro8. My goal is to reduce their size as original files are recorded at 100Mbit. 

I tried Handbrake but I had issues with compatibility with Adobe Premiere Elements. I has similar issues with Hybrid as well which I will describe in separate topic.
I contacted dev of MediaInfo as you suggested and they told me to update MediaInfo (that one in the Hybrid folder) to the newest version and importing GoPro8 video files works now. 

Many thanks for help with it.