This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Avisynth - DeSpot question
I converted the DV file to ProRes and AviSynth worked perfectly. Strange.

DV to ProRes coversion, MediaInfo:

Scan type: Interlaced
Original scan type: Progressive
Scan type, store method: Interleaved fields
Scan order: Bottom Field First
I'm confused about these settings. What is an outlier? Can it include simple dropouts/line flashes as seen on old videotapes?

Quote:Set mode for removing of only black or white spots or both:
  • sign = 0 - any spots and outliers (default)
  • sign = 1 - only black (dark) spots and outliers
  • sign = -1 - only white (light) spots and outliers
  • sign = 2 - only black (dark) spots, any outliers
  • sign = -2 - only white (light) spots, any outliers
For lines large scratches, DeScratch and maybe Spotless are usually more suited. (sadly there is no port of DeScratch for Vapoursynth)
Read "HOW IT WORKS" over at http://www.avisynth.nl/users/fizick/despot/despot.html to get a better understanding of DeSpot.

Cu Selur
It's varying sizes of horizontal lines I need to remove, so I doubt DeScratch would work.
Depending on the source, you would need to use a custom section and then use multiple descratch calls with different settings. Smile
So it might be worth a try, but could also not help. Smile

Cu Selur