This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

how to enable sourcematch and/or lossless
Hello.  I notice a lossless option in vapoursynth->denoise->qtgmc but have no idea how to enable it.  Perhaps sourcematch=1, 2, or 3 but I don't know how to set the sourcematch value.

Please advise.  thanks
Ahh,... that's a bug. It should normally be available if you use an 'Input type' that is > 1.
-> will fix.

Cu Selur
Assuming you are on Windows, I send you a link to a dev version via pm, which should fix the problem.
(link will be valid for ~24hrs)

Cu Selur
Thank you.  Another one for you.....I have a number of very large AVI files which I have created with old Hi8 tapes and/or MiniDV.  I am in the process of converting many of them to mov or mp4 using Hybrid.  However, with the largest files (some are over 10GB), I would like to cut it into smaller chunks where there are scene changes and save the resulting AVIs as original backups.  I have found a way to do this using passthrough, but the resulting AVI files always show as being progressive when the originals are interlaced.  Further, when I take the smaller, cut AVI and go to convert it to mov or mp4 using various filters and deinterlacing at that point, I always get a crash error.  

Any help would be appreciated.  thanks
no proper details, no way to reproduce the problem -> read sticky

Cu Selur

Ps.: better use VirtualDub2 or AviDemux for cutting avi files.
(03.11.2023, 17:37)gheppell Wrote:   I would like to cut it into smaller chunks where there are scene changes and save the resulting AVIs as original backups.  

AviDemux is EXCELLENT for doing just that (passthrough / no recode) , to cut segment chunks out of large mediafile.
That or Toolnix, Remux → cut based per time stamps ..

Works everytime with just about ANY and (important) i DO WANT TO emphasize just about ANY A/V format that you throw at it .. 
Regardless of wheiter or not you have installed the proper codec for it..

Atleast i haven't had any issues so far.

cheers,