This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Extract..slow!
Sad 
...Just when i thought i wos out , Hybrid pulled diz poor duck back in Big Grin .

Now the issue is reversed... !

I can't extract, or to be more precise.   

Extracting m2ts/ts files is verrrrrrry slowly through hybrid !

Just replaced tsmux to fix mkv 2 TS issue...

So selur, take an ts and try to reproduce an "fast" extract  . 
If you don't have any issues, i eat my left shoe.

cheerrs,
TD

Update..

In the meanwhile i have replaced tsmuxer.exe with the → EXACT ← version i've used back then when i had no issues anymore..
But extracting is still problematic slow ..! 

Funny, TS muxing is fixed.. now extracting from a TS file poses an problem  Blush

oh well..

cheers,
Quote:So selur, take an ts and try to reproduce an "fast" extract .
Huh
No clue what you want me to try.
=> maybe try different tsMuxeR versions, also check that "Config->Path->Create sub-folder pre job in temp path *exprimental*" is disabled before creating jobs.

Cu Selur
(31.10.2023, 22:21)Selur Wrote:
Quote:So selur, take an ts and try to reproduce an "fast" extract  .
Huh
No clue what you want me to try.
=> maybe try different tsMuxeR versions, also check that "Config->Path->Create sub-folder pre job in temp path *exprimental*" is disabled before creating jobs.

Cu Selur

Take that test.mkv you've DL from me, and mux it into m2ts (all passthrough) via hybrid.  
And vice versa, take that same ts and try to remux it into an new TS file using hybrid..

So in an nutshel, extracting "THAT" ts file via hybrid before it muxes the whole thing further up the process from the job gives issues !

Extracting the tracks from the mkv files in order to remux it into TS files went fine !?  That's confusing, since the tracks are the same. Since iam / we are using the same test sample...

Yep, i guess something going on with the  → Audio track again !
But then again, mkv to ts = V ... TS to TS = X  Dodgy 

Hope i make sense,

td,
What I did:
  • started Hybrid
  • disabled 'Prefer ffmpeg for extraction from transport streams'
  • disabled 'Create sub-folder pre job in temp path *experimental*'
  • loaded the mkv
  • set 'Processing->Video' to 'passthrough'
  • set 'Processing->Audio' to 'passthrough (all)'
  • selected m2ts as default output container
  • enabled 'Generate'
  • created the jobs
  • started the jobs and waited a few seconds till the processing was finished
  • loaded the created m2ts into Hybrid
  • selected mkv as default output container
  • created the jobs
  • started the jobs (ignored the info) and waited a few seconds till the processing was finished
Files were created without an issue. Yes, extracting the streams with tsMuxeR was rather slow and crashed at the end since the output file is 0 byte in size.

Like I wrote before, try different tsMuxeR (older) versions.
Seems the tsMuxeR devs broke something again. Angel
I would recommend to stick with ffmpeg as extractor.

Cu Selur
(31.10.2023, 23:09)Selur Wrote: What I did:
  • started Hybrid
  • disabled 'Prefer ffmpeg for extraction from transport streams'
  • disabled 'Create sub-folder pre job in temp path *experimental*'
  • loaded the mkv
  • set 'Processing->Video' to 'passthrough'
  • set 'Processing->Audio' to 'passthrough (all)'
  • selected m2ts as default output container
  • enabled 'Generate'
  • created the jobs
  • started the jobs and waited a few seconds till the processing was finished
  • loaded the created m2ts into Hybrid
  • selected mkv as default output container
  • created the jobs
  • started the jobs (ignored the info) and waited a few seconds till the processing was finished
Files were created without an issue. Yes, extracting the streams with tsMuxeR was rather slow and crashed at the end since the output file is 0 byte in size.

Like I wrote before, try different tsMuxeR (older) versions.
Seems the tsMuxeR devs broke something again. Angel
I would recommend to stick with ffmpeg as extractor.

Cu Selur

Yep  Dodgy .. as i said ... moral of the story .. → check and double check  Dodgy

Hence i mentioned i went back to other tsmuxer release with wich i"ve replaced the tool.exe from hybrid. → No succes. 
That's when i knew tsmuxer releases are like 1 step forward 2 steps backwards on other departments .. !!

Anyway, thanks for trying.

cheers,
I created a new dev version, where I rewrote some of the tsMuxeR handling.
Try and test that version, properly.
If you run into a problem with it, report it properly.
(= step-by-step, starting from a reset Hybrid version + a debug output)
If you report a problem without a proper step-by-step, I will ignore it and anything related to it.

Cu Selur
Ps.: going to bed now.
(01.11.2023, 00:41)Selur Wrote: I created a new dev version, where I rewrote some of the tsMuxeR handling.
Try and test that version, properly.
If you run into a problem with it, report it properly.
(= step-by-step, starting from a reset Hybrid version + a debug output)
If you report a problem without a proper step-by-step, I will ignore it and anything related to it.

Cu Selur
Ps.: going to bed now.

Thanks Sir Selur  Big Grin

A step by step how-to won't be needed selur.

It seems you've nailed it ...again and again ..  for now atleast hehe Tongue
Seeya in about 20 min... no kiddin..  Tongue

Fyi, the ts sample extracted and muxed at the speed it is supposed to work now.
Also and maybe important, after loading a custom global - profile it still worked just fine..  

Because there is alway's an small posibility that an custom profile might have caused this..  
And THAT would be a DISASTER for me !! 
Some profiles took litterally hours of work for me to accomplish ...   Confused

Settings, tweaks, more fine tuning you know!  
Since i've purchased an powerfull GPU with AV1 decode & AV1 encode GPU ACC filters are blasting fast now hehe. 

Like KNLmeans over 150Fps fullhd - very slow x264 / x265 preset  Tongue

Diz duck would be seriously UPSET if one of my profiles would have caused that ↑ 0^0 !

So again,

Thank you & come again.   Big Grin

TD
..argh...
spoke too sOOn..

Now, it crashed during extraction of yet another TrueHD Atmos track from another media file grrr..

the extraction wos done from an M2TS and pretty fast untill half way..then hybrid crashed..

I'll post an debug later if you wish to pursue this ..
else i have to ignore all audio , and remux it manually ..

cheers,
TD
Quote:If you report a problem without a proper step-by-step, I will ignore it and anything related to it.
(01.11.2023, 07:01)Selur Wrote:
Quote:If you report a problem without a proper step-by-step, I will ignore it and anything related to it.

Realy, i don't think wich steps and in what order matters  allot selur.

In essence all i do to reproduce the error is, clean reset of hybrid , few settings at base tab (passthrough a/v & and set container output to m2ts), 
And for the paths i ticked.. → Output to Source & temp path to output . 

That's all i change for testing purpose.. i don't change / load custom global preset, or anything else that might enterfeer with the test results else

something very fishy going on when there's an Atmos track involved with → MLP ← Audio codec , wich is not Bluray standard me thinks.
But then again, it DOES NOT happend / crashes with all big media files containing the very SAME AUdio tracks though !?!? 

That's what so odd about this issue...  Dodgy

I mean, eac3to has no problem wotSOever extracting the audio track , only tsmuxer in hybrid is stuborn in that regard.

But if it's any consolation, today tsmuxer throws an error -2 when i tried to mux from an mpls file that contained an atmos track.
had to use eac3to to manually extract audio track and add it to muxer..  Et voila mux completed without errors in the same muxer..  Dodgy

Fyi, i never ever uses mpls playlists in hybrid but the main m2ts media file alway's..

cheers,
TD