This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Ghosting Issue
Big Grinin Topaz, deinterlacing is processed with an error - “auto-detect” does not work, you need to manually change it to TFF/BFF, I informed them about it in June of this year, they still haven’t fixed it

Big Grin  in the description of v.405 they wrote that the interpolation had been corrected. I checked and the same error appeared. Apparently they wrote that they corrected the interpolation for the report, for the sake of money
Hi Guys,

I didn't see all of your responses, thanks for looking into it further! I actually managed to acquire the source footage which luckily hasn't been deinterlaced already. However, after deinterlacing, I'm still getting some pretty harsh lines. I tried resizing to 1280x720 as that was the size of the file I posted on here originally, but that hasn't seemed to help. Is there any way to get rid of the lines without applying denoising filters (or similar)?
At work atm. will look into it in a few hours when I'm back home.
Thank you!
You are still one or more generations behind the original. Wink
If I look at the separated fields of the source, those already have combing in them.
So interlaced content was converted to progressive (without deinterlacing) and then interlaced. :/

What you could do is:
a. enable Crop/Resize->Resize
b. enable "Filtering->Misc->Script->Lower res. before deinterlace" and set it to "1440x540"
(this will not remove the ghosting, but the combing in those fields, by throwing away half the horizontal resolution)

Cu Selur
Ah, frustrating! Thanks for the answer though, I'll see if I can dig any further back to the original footage.