This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Crop settings new dev !
Regarding: hybrid 23.12.10.1

I have noticed, that you have redone the cropping part of hybrid in a bad way !

When pieces are cut of to the left and right, the T&B part from the image isn'tt stretched when watching in preview mode somehow !

Realy, i can't see how my crop settings will affect the output file this way !!
That's an step backwards in my book.

EDIT: something happends to the crop vallue's by wich preview will cut the black bars but doesn't stretch the image anymore like it should !?
just, found out vallues of like 5 figures in crop settings suddenly ! Had to re-adjust that to fix the ratio !

cheers,
Here is how the behaviour should be in the that dev version:

When CropView enabled (and CompareView is disabled):
  • only deinterlacing and cropping will be applied
  • the cropping is indicated through lines
When CropView enabled and CompareView is enabled:
  • the 'original' side cropping will be indicated through lines and on the 'filtered' side the image will be cropped and padded, so both have the same resolution and can be stacked.
With CropView disabled (and CompareView is disabled):
  • all filters (including the cropping) will be applied
With CropView disabled (and CompareView is enabled):
  • all filters (inlcuding the cropping) will be applied to the 'filtered' side.
  • only those filters that that need to be applied to keep 'Original' at the same resolution, frame rate, etc. as the 'Filtered' side will be applied to the 'original' side.

Quote:When pieces are cut of to the left and right, the T&B part from the image isn'tt stretched when watching in preview mode somehow !
Cropping any side should not stretch the image unless the resolution isn't changed by the cropping or the PAR changes.
-> I do not get what you want.

Cu Selur
(13.12.2023, 21:38)Selur Wrote: Here is how the behaviour should be in the that dev version:

When CropView enabled (and CompareView is disabled):
  • the cropping is indicated through lines
When CropView enabled and CompareView is enabled:
  • the 'original' side cropping will be indicated through lines and on the 'filtered' side the image will be cropped and padded, so both have the same resolution and can be stacked.
With CropView disabled  (and CompareView is disabled):
  • all filters (including the cropping) will be applied
With CropView disabled  (and CompareView is enabled):
  • all filters (inlcuding the cropping) will be applied to the 'filtered' side.
  • only those filters that that need to be applied to keep 'Original' at the same resolution, frame rate, etc. as the 'Filtered' side will be applied to the 'original' side.

Quote:When pieces are cut of to the left and right, the T&B part from the image isn'tt stretched when watching in preview mode somehow !
Cropping any side should not stretch the image unless the resolution isn't changed by the cropping or the PAR changes.
-> I do not get what you want.

Cu Selur

I get the first part of you post.

I have tested it by cropping just b & t using the same 1080p res and same input to output par..  
Therefor the image should be stretched.

But it didn't.
For some reason hybrid behaved strange and replaced the  letterbox vallues of 1920x1080 to like 5 figures xxxxx sudden !
I pretty sure thhat's why the preview didn't look like the real deal !

EDIT: AH.. i have played arround with custom pars .. that's why letterbox vallues are automatically adjusted to like 5 figures...
Iam not sure if that wos/is your intention selur..

cheers,
 td
Quote:I have tested it by cropping just b & t using the same 1080p res and same input to output par..
Therefor the image should be stretched.
Image would only get strechted, if you also enabled resizing to the input resolution and resizing would be applied to the CropView which it does not.
If you disable the CropView and enable the resizing, the image will resized.

Quote:For some reason hybrid behaved strange and replaced the letterbox vallues of 1920x1080 to like 5 figures xxxxx sudden !
I pretty sure thhat's why the preview didn't look like the real deal !

EDIT: AH.. i have played arround with custom pars .. that's why letterbox vallues are automatically adjusted to like 5 figures...
Iam not sure if that wos/is your intention selur..
Yes, if you play around with the PARs you will cause distortions, since those are respected during any preview. (Displays use 1:1 pixels)
Hybrid assumes the used knows what PARs are and what they do,...

Cu Selur
(13.12.2023, 21:56)Selur Wrote: Image would only get strechted, if you also enabled resizing to the input resolution and resizing would be applied to the CropView which it does not.
If you disable the CropView and enable the resizing, the image will resized.

Like i said..
Obviously i need to use resize when cropping is involved to maintain FHD / 4k standard resolution, else i get non bd/dvd compliant resolutions caused by the crop/padding.

(13.12.2023, 21:56)Selur Wrote: Yes, if you play around with the PARs you will cause distortions, since those are respected during any preview. (Displays use 1:1 pixels)
Hybrid assumes the used knows what PARs are and what they do,...
Cu Selur

I know .. pars , dars, aspects and what not an complete differen animality  Big Grin

ps: just had another tsmux crash with media file containing atmos track... still ongoing so it seems !
muxing crashed: Crashed with exit status 1

cheers,
Can't say anything about the crash without a debug output.

Cu Selur
(14.12.2023, 05:51)Selur Wrote: Can't say anything about the crash without a debug output.

Cu Selur

You most probebly can guess what's causing it without debug.  → Tsmux + m2ts + atmos track combo ...  

An issue i have adressed here before and at github..   Confused

But who knows?
The holiday's are coming  .. maybe miracles still do exist   Angel  .  

cheers,
td
Let me know if there's a new TsMuxeR release that fixes the issues.