This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Keeps crashing
Hello,

First of all thanks for making QTGMC available with a program that is understandable for the user.

I'm using Windows 10 64 bits, the version of Hybrid is  2023.12.22.1.

I have two kind of interlaced files.
SD files that are in ProRes422 and HD files that are in ProRes422 HQ.
My goal is to deinterlace them with QTGMC.

Filtering ⇨ Avisynth
Preset : Custom
Select : Even
Match preset : default
Lossless : before resharpening
Bob checked
Source matching : refined
Match preset 2 : default
Final temporal smoothing : 0
Match enhance : 0,50
EdiThreads : 2
Preset : Slower
Denoiser : auto.

In the ProRes tab i use standard.
My goal is to get 50p but i noticed something, when Interlacing is checked the process is done and it result with a file, but it is interlaced so it's useless.
If not checked it usually crash or stops, but sometimes it works.

The audio is Wav PCM 48kHz, either 16 or 24 bits.

Exemple :
01 audio 100% finished
02 create 100% finished
03 video STARTED and nothing more happens, it's stuck to an overall 14,29%

Sometimes it crashes with an error but i was not able to get it this time. It is a bit frustrating but there is maybe something i do wrong.
Until now i used another software i'm not really used to this new one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards.
1. update to latest version
2. create a debug output of the analysis of the source, the job creation and the job processing. (read sticky on how to create the debug output)

Quote: My goal is to get 50p but i noticed something, when Interlacing is checked the process is done and it result with a file, but it is interlaced so it's useless.
Enabling "Interlace" will tell Hybrid to create interlace output (even if the encoder isn't configured for it), so that is no solution. Wink
The settings you used work fine here.
If you want to use Avisynth, you might want to switch to 64bit Avisynth. ("Config->Internals->Avisynth->Avisynth type->64bit") using Vapoursynth instead of Avisynth is probably faster.

Cu Selur
Hello, thanks for the answer.

Today i tried again the same thing and it blocked the same way.
So i was 14% in the process.

https://forum.selur.net/thread-3.html
I tried to make the debug file, and when it was checked, the process finished 100% and the file is perfect as expected.

So the problem was that the debug file was not created.
Would it be possible to get this checked by default so it always make a debug file ?

One last question, is there a way to store a preconfiguration for the deinterlace filter ? I will use the same settings everytime and it's not fun to enter the settings each time.
Quote: Would it be possible to get this checked by default so it always make a debug file ?
Sure, you can:
a. set a default output path
b. enable debug output
c. save those settings as your defaults.
be warned, depending on your input, debug output files can get rather large.

Quote:One last question, is there a way to store a preconfiguration for the deinterlace filter ?
=> [INFO] About profiles and saving settings,....

Cu Selur
Heart 
Thanks !