This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Vertical line noise !
Helloha,

Iam searching for an filter that can fix THIS ↓ (vertical spaced lines!)  Undecided
[Image: line-noise.png]
Any Suggestions ?

Ta tA
TD
Use an image editor,... Tongue
Some strong spatial smoothing and maybe followed by CAS or may be combined with an inverted motion mask,...

Cu Selur
(23.01.2024, 19:38)Selur Wrote: Use an image editor,...  Tongue 

YOU and ANOTHER ONE  Dodgy ... 

(23.01.2024, 19:38)Selur Wrote: Use an image editor,...  Tongue
Some strong spatial smoothing and maybe followed by CAS or may be combined with an inverted motion mask,...
Cu Selur

yez yes... but .. what vs filters do you suggest for doing JUST that Dodgy ?

i.e: fluxsmooth doesn't help at all for instance!

ps: You want sample pretty please, just ask.. the Toilet(°^°)

Ta tA
(° ^°)
KNLMeanCL with Distance 0 or Bilateral,.... no real clue since an image doesn't really say much about a video,...
Would need a sample which is a few seconds long to say anything more substantial.
(23.01.2024, 19:55)Selur Wrote: KNLMeanCL with Distance 0 or Bilateral,.... no real clue since an image doesn't really say much about a video,...

KNL is the first thing i've tried, and although it's a very good denoiser for SD content.  It doesn't do a great job in combination with ESRgan upscaler !!
Even at the smallest settings, the denoising is too strong and eliminates allot of details !  Only when its used in combo with ESRgan ...

I guess, i have to make my choice.. ESRGan or KNLmeans..  Dodgy

taTaA
td

(23.01.2024, 19:55)Selur Wrote: Would need a sample which is a few seconds long to say anything more substantial.

There YOU Go..  Rolleyes

And Here ↓ u are (sample) Big Grin

Update:

KNLmeans + ESRgan does work, but have to exclude "Welsh Weighting" (much to strong !) , and fine tune every setting to find an nice balance between get ridding of those lines and preserve the details at the same time!

Duck is telling ya, this sample is challenging IMO!!
Getting rid of all vertico lines = washed out image = losing details.. !

Update 2:  Have found out mClean with an strong setting does a nice job remove ALL and i do mean ALL of the vertical noise while preserving image details very good  Cool
mclean + ESRgan = Perfect image now i'd (°^°) say .

Attached Files
.zip   sample.zip (Size: 4,93 MB / Downloads: 17)
=> quick fix: half vertical resolution before resizing Smile

Cu Selur
Yes, mClean with strength 30 or similar does remove those lines too.
RemoveDirt too.
4x YAHR with Depth 16 seems to work too.
(23.01.2024, 20:59)Selur Wrote: Yes, mClean with strength 30 or similar does remove those lines too.
RemoveDirt too.
4x YAHR with Depth 16 seems to work too.

mClean on itself works a bit... but mclean + RemoveGrain=mode →24← = gets rid of pretty much all lines now..
That's the thing about filters , some only work perfect in conjuction with others..  The trick is to find the perfect combination AND settings.

Thanks, But FemaSR is way to slow and Quality isn't as good as ESRgan to my likes  Sleepy ..
Halving the Res in Crop/resize (pic crop) tab i asume , in combination with letterbox for 1080p output res ?  I'll check that out later.. 

Ta Taa
TD
Quote:Halving the Res in Crop/resize (pic crop) tab i asume , in combination with letterbox for 1080p output res ? I'll check that out later..
No, using "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Lower res. before resize" with 'Only width'

Cu Selur
(23.01.2024, 21:19)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Halving the Res in Crop/resize (pic crop) tab i asume , in combination with letterbox for 1080p output res ?  I'll check that out later..
No, using "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Lower res. before resize" with 'Only width'

Cu Selur

ah, ofcourse.. just figured out.. else you cut out half of the picture with crop settings..

so , low res before resize doesn't help a bit , but a. low res before resize and / + b.low res  before deinterlace = helps a bit .. but those lines are very much present still !!
In my case 720x576/2= 288 , right. but.. ↓

Forgive ur humble servant my Majesty Sir selur, but using noise / degrain filters seems to be the perfect aproach  Big Grin

Ta TAA
(° ^°)