This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Filesize Output !
Helluh,

Just did a Movie of 180min long containing one DTS-HD track .

The bitrate wos set at 14000 kbits/sec / x264 2-pass (no fast 1st pass) / Very Slow preset ..

Now hybrid predicted an filesize of prox 23700 MB / 23,7GB ..  The output container wos set to M2ts, so the filesize prediction should be on point , a few hundred MB more or less.. 
So , let's say the final filesize could be 24GB max...

Yet, the outcome wos like 2GB larger than predicted  Huh  → 25600 MB !
Ussually when i choose m2ts as container hybrid prediction is nearly flawless , again take a few MB more or less... BUT NOT by a +/- of a few → GB !?

Atm doing another run (for the 4th time !?) using other x264 preset...  but.. weird.. that the very slow preset doesn't respect filesize... that's the MAIN reason why one should chose slower to veryslow preset , to respect the bitrate/sec given !?

Ta TA
TD
no debug ouput,..... probably a problem estimating the ouput due to the dts-hd track.
(there should be no real difference in bitrate accuracy due to preset choice)
(29.01.2024, 15:08)Selur Wrote: no debug ouput,..... probably a problem estimating the ouput due to the dts-hd track.
(there should be no real difference in bitrate accuracy due to preset choice)

Yez, it's becoming clear to me that i will have to extract every single audio track from an movie file, to calculate it myself...  Dodgy
Because the audio track on itself creates / needs additional space in a m2ts container on top of the added filesize of the Video track  Dodgy 

So if the audio track is like 5GB , thats like 5GB + atleast 1-2GB once added to m2ts .. These containers adds / waste allot of space imo!

cheers,
TD
Yes, I spend month years ago (2012) to come up with the files size estimation for m2ts content as it is today.
Container overhead can be rediculas high with m2ts.
=> have fun Big Grin

Cu Selur

Ps.: for what its worth, I attached my old caculations,...

Attached Files
.zip   m2tsOverheadHunt.zip (Size: 48,44 KB / Downloads: 19)
(29.01.2024, 15:14)Selur Wrote: Container overhead can be rediculas high with m2ts.
=> have fun  Big Grin 

Especialy when Large Audio tracks are involved IMO !
I wish hybrid could make up with HD-Audio tracks and just be friends  Angel  .

Especialy Atmos Audio → crashes !

NOw, yesterday i did a movie with atmos track... = no crashes.. Not only that, the output filesize wos exactly as predicted  Big Grin 

But i think iam on to something regarding those atmos crashes, has something to do with MLP codec / Sync !  That i fortunately can rectify using eac3to...

cheers,
TD