This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

image artefacts on qtgmc-ing .MTS files
source:
https://mega.nz/file/V0cCwRIL#F9lTpZgmUe...UhbGYBTWrk
encoded:
https://mega.nz/file/8ksAQDoT#6hpEjs51A3...t4VL4oX5A8

notice image partially breaking in the beginning of video.

tried playing with input options, but nothing (and something is not clear to me there: it seems i'm  missing the "apply" button, so any script prevew on filtering tab doesn't seem to change the script....ie i would expect  something beside "core.lsmas.LWLibavSource" every time).

and i'm not really sure how did this audio issue started to appear: (see attached image)

what is "empty audio queue"? 
the clip has audio, and audio encoding options are activated on audio tab. if i hit preview in "base" tab, both audio and video play. 
at first i thought it has something to do with activating hardware (video) decoding on input tab, but it's happening after hybrid restart too.

and how does one actually save config->input settings? 

edit/oh, wait, it seems activating "bob" of qtgmc produces artefacts, but in that case why are they visible in both "original" and "filtered" windows of preview (under filtering->deinterlacing tabs "compare view" checked). shouldn't the "original" window be some simple bob that would be comapred to qtgmc? 

yeah, definitely, as soon as i activate bob of qtgmc, artefacts that mostly remind of broken decoder appear....Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.

oh yeah, not to forget something else: hybrid-avisynth version of qtgmc produces even more simillar artefacts, and they last the whole clip....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can look at it after work, but I will need a debug output to know what you are doing.
has no audio (the "empty audio queue" issue i mentioned).

output of this file doesn't have the same artefacts (better to say not in same places as video i posted above), but they're still there....seems to be happening only during the first second.....

let me reiterate avs version (in hybrid) has artefacts during whole video.

it's "Hybrid_2023.12.22.1_SETUP" running on 64bit win11 on 5600G.

thanks

ps/ i hope you're working afternoon shift, or have rather flexible work schedule...  Smile
ps2/ i think i'll try some other video compression in meantime
Quote:it's "Hybrid_2023.12.22.1_SETUP" running on 64bit win11 on 5600G.
update to latest, old debug output doesn't help at all.

Cu Selur
Quote:ps2/ i think i'll try some other video compression in meantime

that makes no sense, as issue is there even before compression.....

let me just try using gpu for decoding on this version, because it seems this indeed is video decoding issue, as turing on gpu decoder in video players (for example pot player) seems to solve it. 

nope, still artefacts in the beginning. i'll try new version and report back. 
prediction: i believe small timing issues in the way this camera writes down avc are causing some macroblocks to be dropped by decoders....in some way it has to do with interlacing....
LWLibavSource+HardwareDecoding: no artifacts
DGDecNV: no artifacts
FFVideoSource: no artifacts
BestSource: artifacts
LWLibavSource: artifacts
-> probably a bug in libav handling interlaced avc (same with some interlaced vc-1 source).

The audio warning popup occurs, if you set audio to custom, but your audio queue is empty.
Open the 'Audio'-Tab and you should see the Audio-Queue.

Cu Selur

Ps.: from the Vapoursynth and BestSource author:
Quote:Not that interesting unless it still has issues when muxed to mkv. Basically mpeg/mpegts/elementary streams will have issues the way things are done. It's been documented since day one.
So either remux to mkv before processing or use a hardware decoder or FFVideoSource.
ah, the "add current" + button for audio.....it has audio now

regarding decoding, i just did this (image), reloaded input video and got the same thing.....as if "use gpu for decoding" was not applied, not "forced".(still on the old version of hybrid)

let me just try saving config in input tab, then exiting and restarting hybrid: nope, still artefacts.

about other decoders (donald graft's and ffmpeg): these probably require manual script editing? ie no such options in gui?
to that extent i guess now i'm just asking the vapour syntax for libavsource+hardware.
(pot player decodes in hardware when i activate dxva (d3d11 priority), win11 gpu driver, i didn't install mobo driver bundle, it seemed it's not any newer...quite the opposite)

Quote:So either remux to mkv before processing or use a hardware decoder or FFVideoSource.

i was thinking about remux to .mp4, would it be the same as .mkv?

Quote:as if "use gpu for decoding" was not applied, not "forced".(still on the old version of hybrid)
that is for ffmpeg gpu decoding and has nothing to do with Vapoursynth.
Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Source has options to change the decoder preferences and whether hardware decoding is used with LWLibAVSource. (read the tool tips)

Quote: and how does one actually save config->input settings?
read: https://forum.selur.net/thread-13.html
So either save just the defaults for the GlobalDataModel, which includes the Config-Tab settings, or save (all) the Defaults.

Quote:i was thinking about remux to .mp4, would it be the same as .mkv?
Probably, I only tested mkv since myrsloik (Vapoursynth and Bestsource author) mentioned it.

Cu Selur
Thumbs Up 
thanks, your work on this enormous project is appreciated...

nothing for amd populus there, so other options must be pursued....it just falls back on software decoder because i have no intel or nvidia....