This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Deoldify Vapoursynth filter
Updated delodify test version to latest changes in Hybrid.
Hello Selur,

I completed the ColorMNet implementation.
  Please find attached the last version RC18 (I hope).
  The main changes are:
  1. now there are only 2 encode modes for ColorMNet: (0) remote, (1) local
  2. removed the Future Warnings
  3. improved the explanation of ColorMNet parameters
  4. RefMerge and related parameters (Weight, Threshold) are implemented only for Deep-Exemplar
  5. The parameter Preset (fast, medium, slow) will apply also to ColorMNet 
  On my PC, with Preset "medium", the speed of ColorMNet[remote] (8.2 fps) is near to Deep-Exemplar (8.6 fps).
  Unfortunately, while ColorMNet improved the temporal consistency, the long memory is introducing significant color artifacts in smooth scene change.
  For this reason I kept the encode method (1) local that is able to manage small memory frames. But in this case I think that Deep-Exemplar is better.
  In summary to get a good coloring results are necessary both the models: ColorMNet and Deep-Exemplar.

Now I will start to work to improve the scene change implementation, which can affect the output quality when HAVC is used with the Exemplar-based models.

Thanks,
Dan

Attached Files
.zip   vsdeoldify-4.5.0_RC18.zip (Size: 393,96 KB / Downloads: 4)
Quote: Now I will start to work to improve the scene change implementation, which can affect the output quality when HAVC is used with the Exemplar-based models, but this change should not impact the Hybrid GUI,
Fingers crossed. Smile

Quote:In summary to get a good coloring results are necessary both the models: ColorMNet and Deep-Exemplar.
You mean depending on the scene or somehow in combination?

Quote:now there are only 2 encode modes for ColorMNet: (0) remote, (1) local
I adjusted the combo box in Hybrid accordingly.

Quote:improved the explanation of ColorMNet parameters
I adjusted the tool-tips accordingly.

Quote:RefMerge and related parameters (Weight, Threshold) are implemented only for Deep-Exemplar
I adjusted the gui to hide them when ColorMNet is selected.

=> update the deoldify test download.

Cu Selur

Ps.: moved your and mine post to the Deoldify thread, since they are not dlib related. Smile