This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DPIR (denoiser)
... Have tried to save a total new preset (new name/file / No overwrite) , Restarted Hybrid and reloaded that profile... same thing happends, dpir won't work..

Is it possible some particular setting causes this, or is this a profile "bug" whitin hybrid causing it to malfunction !
i wonder..

EDIT: have attached the profile in question ↓

ta TA
can't reproduce => no clue,....
When I start Hybrid, enable dpir, save a global profile, close Hybrid, start Hybrid, load the profile, check the Vapoursynth preview works for both SD and HD sources.
=> sorry, have to go, if you share the details like I asked, I can look at it tomorrow after work. (detailed step-by-step is needed)

Cu Selur
(28.02.2024, 17:29)Selur Wrote: can't reproduce => no clue,....
When I start Hybrid, enable dpir, save a global profile, close Hybrid, start Hybrid, load the profile, check the Vapoursynth preview works for both SD and HD sources.
=> sorry, have to go, if you share the details like I asked, I can look at it tomorrow after work. (detailed step-by-step is needed)

Cu Selur

Yes, that seems the recurring issue alway's.  I have no problem using an total new created fresh profile on the latest installed hybrid.. But even using an re-saved "old" profile in the updated hybrid poses a problem eventually..!?
And this issue is alway's whit the new enabled filters and their parameters added to the existing profile !

The old settings from the old profile, seems alway's to work correct i have noticed.. maybe important to know..

I have created a debug, from the steps i took to reproduce this..  Loaded hybrid, profile (dpir already on / resave), enabled debug, loaded media file, previewed it , but no dpri effects .. closed hybrid ..

Maybe you find something i didn't in the debug.. I wonder, does debug actually records all the steps that the script takes to execute the filter in question ?

anyway, debug is attached..

Ta TA
@selur

Question: Have you added the install path of hybrid to the exclusion list from Windefender ?
I only use a portable Hybrid version, but "Yes, Hybrids folder and Hybrids temp folder are in excluded from all scans, on my system to avoid unnessary slow downs.'

Quote:I have created a debug, from the steps i took to reproduce this.. Loaded hybrid, profile (dpir already on / resave), enabled debug, loaded media file, previewed it , but no dpri effects .. closed h
What? try making a list, with exact steps.

Cu Selur
(29.02.2024, 20:15)Selur Wrote: I only use a portable Hybrid version, but "Yes, Hybrids folder and Hybrids temp folder are in excluded from all scans, on my system to avoid unnessary slow downs.'

Thanks for the confimation.

(29.02.2024, 20:15)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I have created a debug, from the steps i took to reproduce this..  Loaded hybrid, profile (dpir already on / resave), enabled debug, loaded media file, previewed it , but no dpri effects .. closed h
What? try making a list, with exact steps.
Cu Selur

So, that ↑ happend while the hybrid folders STILL is in the exclusion list from Windef ?

Anyway, something def is going on regarding the custom saved profiles between hybrid revisions ...  Dodgy

Ta Ta,
TD
Only way to be get to the bottom of this would be to:
a. take an old version (keep a copy)
b. take that version load, check the settings, and resave it.
c. recreate the settings from scratch.
Compare the xml files of all three files.
If you do that, let me know what you find.

Cu Selur
(01.03.2024, 21:11)Selur Wrote: Only way to be get to the bottom of this would be to:
a. take an old version (keep a copy)
b. take that version load, check the settings, and resave it.
c. recreate the settings from scratch.
Compare the xml files of all three files.
If you do that, let me know what you find.

Cu Selur

The issue i have is not so much a problem of using any profile (old and/or new) in any given hybrid release..
But rather, the additional changes to a pre-existing old profile loaded in future hybrid releases that has the tendency to malfunction / not working properly !  
You know what i mean ?

Sure, i'll take an old profile i still have got from many releases ago and wil compare it to a re-save and fresh new one..  
But what exactly kind of data/info do i have to look for then, that would make or break a profile ?

cheers,
TD
If I knew what breaks your profiles, this wouldn't be an issue.
(01.03.2024, 21:38)Selur Wrote: If I knew what breaks your profiles, this wouldn't be an issue.

Hmmph Dodgy , no clue at all eh ?  

Oh no problem leave it to eager beaver, one xml preset contains only about close to a million characters and about 14.000 lines  Big Grin

Ta Ta,
Duck