This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Oops profile did it again !
@selur,

Hybrid did it again..  Dodgy

i fired up hybrid, loaded premade profile, loaded source media file..  bam, some pre-enabled filters didn't work such as detailed sharpen this time ..!
Re-save = no-use ..

But.. the following might help you on the right track.

The Crop/resize panel in latest hybrid should look like this ↓

[Image: before-loading-profile.png]

After loading a rather old profile .. it suddenly changed to this ↓  Dodgy

[Image: after-loading-profile.png]
Back to basics / Old style .. Huh !

Also, all resize settings are Locked too ↓  Huh

[Image: locked-settings.png]

Something DEFINITELY is afoot regarding the global profile system  Dodgy

Tired of re-creating profiles from scratch , again and again and ..  Confused .. drives me nuts.. 

Ta Ta
td
Not sharing proper details again. (like always)

Quote:Back to basics / Old style
Seems like one of your profiles uses 'Crop/Resize->UI->Crop->Crop style->Avisynth' while the other uses 'Crop/Resize->UI->Crop->Crop style->Mplayer'.
Quote:Also, all resize settings are Locked to
Wild guess is that in your old profile Blu-ray compatibility (in the video encoder settings) or something under 'Crop/Resize->Misc' is set different than you expect.

This does not seem like a bug in Hybrid, seem more like you do not know what your old profiles were configured to.
Without details which allow reproducing the problem, there is nothing I can do.

Cu Selur
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
(07.03.2024, 06:23)Selur Wrote: Not sharing proper details again. (like always)

What do you mean (like alway's) ? .. Have posted printscreens, and the steps i took  Huh

(07.03.2024, 06:23)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Back to basics / Old style
Seems like one of your profiles uses 'Crop/Resize->UI->Crop->Crop style->Avisynth' while the other uses 'Crop/Resize->UI->Crop->Crop style->Mplayer'.
Quote:Also, all resize settings are Locked to
Wild guess is that in your old profile Blu-ray compatibility (in the video encoder settings) or something under 'Crop/Resize->Misc' is set different than you expect.
This does not seem like a bug in Hybrid, seem more like you do not know what your old profiles were configured to.
Without details which allow reproducing the problem, there is nothing I can do.
Cu Selur

In both cases, i know for a fact a. crop-resize ui wos saved using Avisynth & b. Hardware restriction checkbox wos indeed unchecked at the time when i created that old profile in question !!

See that's what's confusing.. OR certain filters/settings applied don't function anymore. Or in this case , settings that i haven't enabled/set in the first place before creating the profile, all of a sudden gets enabled after most often loading old profiles from other hybrid releases !!

That's the whole point of me posting this behavior .. 

.. am i having a Ghost In The Machine  Confused !

Ta TA
TD
Quote:Make sure to also test with the newest version of Hybrid before posting about a problem. Smile
  • What Hybrid version did you use?(Windows/Mac/Linux 32/64bit + versions number)
  • What did happen? If an error message came up what did it exactly say?
  • What did you do to get to the bug? (best thing is a detailed step-by-step guide so that I can reproduce the problem)
  • Debug output would be helpful:
    1. start Hybrid
    2. set an default output path: Config->Paths->Default output path
         (This is where the debug output will be created unless you specify an output file inside another path.
         If an old HybridOutput.txt already exists in that folder delete it.)
    3. enable Debug output: Config->Internals->Create debug file (unless told to, do not change the debug level)
    4. do everything you did to create you problem
    5. compress (zip/7z/rar/..) the HybridDebugOutput.txt before you post it
  • a small sample, which allows the reproduction of the problem would be nice

Please do not post or send me parts of the normal Log or some MediaInfo output. Thanks!

All these infos might be needed to reproduce the problem, and reproduction is needed to find a fix. Smile
If you find a bug, I'll try to fix it and send you a link to a hopefully fixed version for testing.
If a profile is causing the issue, I need the profile.
If you say a profile changed, I would need the before and after profile.
So I can compare them.

If you can't provide the info, I can't help. You should know all this by now.
If you write "After loading a rather old profile " it could simply be that the format the profile was in back then simply can't be converted anymore.
The changelogs from time to time mentioned that profiles&co need to be reset, this always happens when a too large change was present.

Cu Selur
(07.03.2024, 20:27)Selur Wrote: If you say a profile changed, I would need the before and after profile.
So I can compare them.

I thought we discussed this already, ie:  comparing both xml's to each other.. with zer0 differences as a result.! 

Anyway .. i have attached the before & after / = non-working (detailed sharpening) / working profiles ... Tested in Hybrid 2024.03.03.1 

EDIT :  i want to point out, for some uknown reason, the presetted filter settings from the old / before profile does infact seems to work again in the latest / installed release of hybrid ↑.
But did fail on older release of hybrid, an februari / 2024 release.. don't know the exact build anymore..

Ta Ta
TD

..okido..

I have found a fairly new profile that was made via a previous install of hybrid (feb release..), that doesn't seem to work correct once loaded in the latest release of hybrid.
Namely Vapour Synth is missing totaly no filters shows !

EDIT: Question: is it possible the security settings for folder acces/restrictions (ie: where global profiles are stored) in win11 may confuse hybrid 0_o  ?

See attachement

Attached Files
.zip   profiles.zip (Size: 166,92 KB / Downloads: 11)
.7z   profile-no vp.7z (Size: 77,86 KB / Downloads: 10)
That file contained "after (fresh created).xml" and a "before (sharpening non-working).xml"
Since none of the screenshots or text you wrote said anything about 'sharpening', I got no clue what you want to say with 'sharpening non-working'.

Comparing the models the main differences I see are:
after:
<HybridData name="preferFFmpeg" value="false"/>
<HybridData name="preferFFmpegForAvisynthDecoding" value="true"/>
<HybridData name="keepResize" value="true"/>
<HybridData name="useFFmpegGPUDecoding" value="false"/>
before:
<HybridData name="preferFFmpeg" value="true"/>
<HybridData name="preferFFmpegForAvisynthDecoding" value="false"/>
<HybridData name="keepResize" value="false"/>
<HybridData name="useFFmpegGPUDecoding" value="true"/>

So I copied your "before (sharpening non-working).xml" into my profiles/global folder, started Hybrid and applied it.
Looking at the 'Crop/Resize->Base'-tab from which your screenshots were, I see:
[Image: grafik.png]
Nothing is like your screenshots suggested.

Back to 'sharpening non-working', I loaded a random HD source, enabled compare view and started the Vapoursynth Preview:
The used 'DetailSharpen' does clearly work.
Since you didn't mention anything about your source, I also loaded a UHD source:
'DetailSharpen' does clearly work here too.
And also a SD source: (DetailSharpen originally is meant to sharpen details on downscaled source.)
sharpening is working there too.

Side notes:
Since you set 'Auto deinterlace handling' to 'none', I hope you really know that this does in Hybrid:
Quote:Deinterlace handling:
Sets what method will be used to deal with non-progressive content, assuming the output isn't marked as interlaced in the encoder.
Hybrid does only deinterlace if:
a. the source is non-progressive
b. the output is not interlaced
So:
- If your source is flagged as interlaced, but in reality is progressive: overwrite the scan type.
- If your source is flagged progressive, but in reality interlaced: overwrite the scan type.
- If your source is progressive and properly flagged, do not worry Hybrid will not try to deinterlace the source.
=> Do not set this to 'none', unless you really know what you are doing and what are the consequences are when using Hybrid with this setting set to 'none'.
Setting 'none' will force a scan type overwrite to 'progressive'.
source: 'Auto deinterlace handling'-tool-tip

Also disabling 'Auto adjust' usually seems like a bad idea too.

So, the overall conclusion is: I can't reproduce the issue here with the given information.

Quote:Question: is it possible the security settings for folder acces/restrictions (ie: where global profiles are stored) in win11 may confuse hybrid 0_o ?
Global Profiles are save in AppData/Roaming which is accessible by all applications. So unless you messed with your Windows 11, that is not the problem. (not having any issues here)

Quote:I have found a fairly new profile that was made via a previous install of hybrid (feb release..), that doesn't seem to work correct once loaded in the latest release of hybrid.
Namely Vapour Synth is missing totaly no filters shows !
Loading that profile here, it is correct that Vapoursynth-Tab is hidden, since 'Crop view' is enabled, and since the Avisynth/Vapoursynth filters are disabled during 'Crop view' those are disabled.
So that is as intended. Disable 'CropView' and the controls are visible and enabled again.

Cu Selur

Ps.: going to bed now.
(07.03.2024, 21:41)Selur Wrote: That file contained "after (fresh created).xml" and a "before (sharpening non-working).xml"
Since none of the screenshots or text you wrote said anything about 'sharpening', I got no clue what you want to say with 'sharpening non-working'.

Odd, i thought i have made refferences to the filter → "detailed sharpening" in atleast one of my posts Huh

(07.03.2024, 21:41)Selur Wrote: sharpening is working there too.

Yes, i have corrected myself (didn't you read the edit?) , it seems the preset did work just fine in the latest release again (just installed yesterday btw, hence the confusion) .. 
But REST ASURE, in one of the Feb builds of Hybrid, no matter what i did, for some reason the filter "detailed sharpening" REFUSED to work , not even a re-save i reloaded in that particular release of hybrid did remedy that ?  ONLY a fresh created preset whit the exact same settings did work again !

(07.03.2024, 21:41)Selur Wrote: source: 'Auto deinterlace handling'-tool-tip

Also disabling 'Auto adjust' usually seems like a bad idea too.

Even when you only work whit 100% progressive video material ?
I recall , i have disabled that to test something aswell , but can't recall for what purpose.. If i recall, i let you know..

As for the VP setting missing, i never noticed the instant dissapearing of that panel when i enable cropview..  Also because i seldom use "cropview" ..
Speaking of wich, did you know the cropped vallues (Left / Right) from the video image doesn't translate to the preview window at all, AND ONLY in comparison mode (dual view) !??

Could you do something about that, so i not only can see the output results on the Y axis but on the X axis aswell please  Dodgy ?
Unless, it's intended to view it in single mode, so we have to use our vivid imagination to recall how the untouched video looked like  Sleepy !

Ta Ta,
TD