This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] sRestore alternative?
Since sRestore is only running with a single thread in Vapoursynth, it is now taking three or four times longer to process video files. Is there a workaround or another way to go from Bob interlaced to progressive?
sRestore tries to remove blended frames.
Instead of limiting the threads you could also enable 'linear', which doesn't reduce the threads.
If your source has no blended frames, you could use RIFE (yes, it can also reduce the frame rate, but is rather slow) or another filter under 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Reduction'.
I'm not aware of an alternative filter for Vapoursynth which tries to remove duplicates for in the same/similar way.

Cu Selur
Thanks, I don't think there are any duplicate frames, I will enable 'linear' as suggested.
Duplicated and blended frames are totally different things.
It's an early 1980s PAL VHS of an old movie, I think linear will be fine.