This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Hybrid Developer questions & Dark Mode
Hello!
I have been using Hybrid for a while now on Hybrid_2024.03.10.1. Very nice update the preview is working fine now!  Wink 
Sometimes the Vapoursynth tab is disappearing (and the selector Vapoursynth/avisynth is greyed out non accessible )(when I have select Convert output to PAR SP 1:1 crop and auto asjust) a bug?
Can I have a link to download the Hybrid Developer version? (it has more experimental stuff right?) Cool
Can I have it in parallel with normal version?
Is there any way to turn hybrid in "dark mode" or a plan to implement it? it's a saver for the eyes.... (especially when waiting for the preview to render).
For VSGAN where can I find model parameters?  Is there any way I can fine tune BasicVSR?  model parameters?
(we are missing a good GUI for model training...)

Thanks
Quote:Sometimes the Vapoursynth tab is disappearing (and the selector Vapoursynth/avisynth is greyed out non accessible )(when I have select Convert output to PAR SP 1:1 crop and auto asjust) a bug?
If you while enabling CropView Avisynth&Vapoursynth-tabs are disabled.

Quote:Can I have a link to download the Hybrid Developer version? (it has more experimental stuff right?)
Dev version usuallly just includes the latest changes (which might break stuff) I made and unless a bug has been reported since the last release which you also ran into, there is no good reason to use the dev version.
I share dev downloads with those reporting bugs for them to test.

Quote:Can I have it in parallel with normal version?
Yes, you can have multiple Hybrid versions if you convert them to portable versions. (read: [INFO] *hidden* Hybrid options,...)

Quote:Is there any way to turn hybrid in "dark mode" or a plan to implement it? it's a saver for the eyes.... (especially when waiting for the preview to render).
You can adjust the coloring however you want using style sheets. (read: [INFO] *hidden* Hybrid options,... and the linked threads)

Quote:For VSGAN where can I find model parameters?
Those parameters are added to the 'vsgan.load(model ...)' invocation so, looking into the source code of VSGAN is your best option. (iirc. not all architectures have unused options)
That option is probably mainly interessting for developers which modified the source code of vsgan.

Quote:Is there any way I can fine tune BasicVSR? model parameters?
BasicVSR++ only supports:
def basicvsrpp(
    clip: vs.VideoNode,
    device_index: int | None = None,
    model: int = 1,
    length: int = 15,
    cpu_cache: bool = False,
    tile_w: int = 0,
    tile_h: int = 0,
    tile_pad: int = 16,
) -> vs.VideoNode:
(see: https://github.com/HolyWu/vs-basicvsrpp/...4C1-L33C19)
as options.

Quote:(we are missing a good GUI for model training...)
I'm not planing to write one, since:
a. I have no experience with it
b. I haven't seen a good description how to do it
c. I don't have the time and motivation. (Especially for just image based models without a temporal component.)
So, let me know when you write one. Smile

Cu Selur
Hi thanks for the answers

But you mention in https://forum.selur.net/thread-1753.html Ps.: 'Filter Queue' is only available in dev builds atm. I would like the ability to add most filters multiple times .

I am on win 11 so to turn the dark mode on, under "Config->view"I selected Style sheet : (default and black-blue_plastique.qss ) and style : Windows (I have enabled dark mode in windows) . Hybrid is in dark mode! but the preview window does not change... any ideas? 

Plus something minor I noticed when I select "Stay on top" hybrid disappears from view, from taskbar (I have unchecked minimize to system tray) I can only find it only as a process in task manager.

Thanks Euangelos
Quote:But you mention in https://forum.selur.net/thread-1753.html Ps.: 'Filter Queue' is only available in dev builds atm. I would like the ability to add most filters multiple times .
Just forgot to remove that comment, 'FilterQueue' is available in normal releases for quite a while.

Quote:I am on win 11 so to turn the dark mode on, under "Config->view"I selected Style sheet : (default and black-blue_plastique.qss ) and style : Windows (I have enabled dark mode in windows) . Hybrid is in dark mode! but the preview window does not change... any ideas?
Hybrid and vsViewer are different tools. Big Grin I think I never added menu based styling support for it.

Quote: Plus something minor I noticed when I select "Stay on top" hybrid disappears from view, from taskbar (I have unchecked minimize to system tray) I can only find it only as a process in task manager.
I'll look into it. Totally forgot that option exists. Smile

Cu Selur
Fixed the 'alwaysOnTop'.
Looked at the styling. I can change the styling for avsViewer simply by adding '-style <styleName> -stylesheet "path to stylesheet"'.
This does not work with vsViewer, since it uses it's own styling.
If you open Tools->vsViewer you can change the color under Edit->Settings->Theme.
(if someone is motivated enough to write a patch for https://github.com/Selur/vsViewer, let me know if you got something)

Cu Selur

Ps.: send you a link to dev version, via pm, which should fix the 'alwaysOnTop' problem. (download links are usually ~24hrs valid)
PPs.: Here's an alternative dark style from https://github.com/ColinDuquesnoy/QDarkStyleSheet (placing the .qss file into Hybrid/styles and restarting Hybrid should make it available)