This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] 1982 PAL U-matic capture video noise
I used:
  • "QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", TFF=True)" for deinterlacing
  • "Tweak(clip=clip, hue=0.00, sat=0.80, cont=1.00, coring=True)" to lower the saturation
  • "DeSpot(o=clip)" for spot removal
  • "DPIR(clip, strength=70.000, overlap=16, model=3, backend=Backend.TRT(fp16=False, device_id=0,verbose=True,use_cuda_graph=False, num_streams=1, workspace=1 << 30,builder_optimization_level=3))" for denoising
  • "CropRel(clip=clip, left=12, right=10, top=2, bottom=2)" to cropping to 698x572
  • "mcdegrainsharp(clip=clip, frames=3)" for degraining and light sharpening
  • "AWarpSharp2(clip=clip, thresh=255, blur=2, depth=32, chroma=True, planes=[1,2])" for chroma sharpening
  • GLSL Linedarkening with strength 1.5 for line darkening
  • NNEDI3CL for resizing

Cu Selur
Thanks - will this also work with interlaced, interpolated output?
You would put the interpolation before the resize and if the output is set to interlaced, Hybrid should reinterlace.
What is DPIR - I can't seem to find it in the Vapoursynth or Avisynth filters?
DPIR requires the use of either the 'torch'- or the 'mlrt'-addon, which are available through the links on the download page. (in the script I used DPIR (mlrt)).

Cu Selur
(11.12.2023, 17:32)Selur Wrote: I used:
  • "QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", TFF=True)" for deinterlacing
  • "Tweak(clip=clip, hue=0.00, sat=0.80, cont=1.00, coring=True)" to lower the saturation
  • "DeSpot(o=clip)" for spot removal
  • "DPIR(clip, strength=70.000, overlap=16, model=3, backend=Backend.TRT(fp16=False, device_id=0,verbose=True,use_cuda_graph=False, num_streams=1, workspace=1 << 30,builder_optimization_level=3))" for denoising
  • "CropRel(clip=clip, left=12, right=10, top=2, bottom=2)" to cropping to 698x572
  • "mcdegrainsharp(clip=clip, frames=3)" for degraining and light sharpening
  • "AWarpSharp2(clip=clip, thresh=255, blur=2, depth=32, chroma=True, planes=[1,2])" for chroma sharpening
  • GLSL Linedarkening with strength 1.5 for line darkening
  • NNEDI3CL for resizing

Cu Selur

(12.12.2023, 17:53)Selur Wrote: You would put the interpolation before the resize and if the output is set to interlaced, Hybrid should reinterlace.

Do I still need to set "QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", TFF=True)" for deinterlacing even with interpolated interlaced output?
Since the filters used partially only work on progressive content: Yes, if you want control about what happens (otherwise Hybrid will deinterlace in the background anyways)
If the output is set to tinterlaced, Hybrid will re-interlace. Depending on the frame rates chosen, you might not need the Bob in the interlaced settings.

Cu Selur