This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

PictureCrop - Selection Files
Quote: Could that have something to do whit the multi-layer popups during startup ?
got no popups here,...
Main problem is: the more stuff I add to Hybrid the larger the model and the gui gets and thus it takes longer to load and adjust everything,...
Also after 6.3 Qt got somewhat slower with large and complicated guis due to some changes they made.
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
(17.04.2024, 20:39)Selur Wrote:
Quote: Could that have something to do whit the multi-layer popups during startup ?
got no popups here,...
Main problem is: the more stuff I add to Hybrid the larger the model and the gui gets and thus it takes longer to load and adjust everything,...
Also after 6.3 Qt got somewhat slower with large and complicated guis due to some changes they made.

Well, the kind of popups iam refering to is exactly as shown in the pictures i have posted at page 2.
So, you mean to say you only see the logo transition seamlessly to the gui 🤔?  Nothing to see in between ?

I've just purchased a new 32inch 260hz QDot led Monitor, couild the refresh / tech behind the monitor be the reason of that .. meaning , revealing more 🤔..!?

Edit: just for fun, i've checked that ↑ theory of mine . .  And for some reason, more transitions are happening during startup of hybrid on my new screen (main screen) ..  On my other screens i don't seem to see so many popups layered windows overlapping LoL!!
That or my eyes are deceiving me 🙄

Weird...
For me, the logo (with the text under is visible), then it is gone and the gui appears.
Attached a video that shows how the startup looks on my machine,..

Going to bed now.
(got a HP Z27Q-27-Zoll-IPS-5K-Display and a INNOCN 27M2U here atm., other monitors are not connected atm.)
Startup should not depend on the monitor, but depending on what stuff you got runnin on your system in the background that messes with themes&co might also mess with Qt&Hybrid.

Cu Selur

Attached Files
.zip   StartUp.zip (Size: 2,62 MB / Downloads: 20)
------
(17.04.2024, 21:10)Selur Wrote: For me, the logo (with the text under is visible), then it is gone and the gui appears.
Attached a video that shows how the startup looks on my machine,..

Going to bed now.
(got a HP Z27Q-27-Zoll-IPS-5K-Display and a INNOCN 27M2U here atm., other monitors are not connected atm.)
Startup should not depend on the monitor, but depending on what stuff you got runnin on your system in the background that messes with themes&co might also mess with Qt&Hybrid.

Cu Selur

I have watched your rather CUT off → cropped sample  Dodgy .  And it looks on your end hybrid seamglessly goes from the flower logo strait to GUI 🤔.

Now, my main screen is an LG 32GQ850-B QD/IPS 260hz (overdrive) QHD / 1440p / 4k (120hz) capable monitor  

Now, awhile back hybrid started up on my system exactly like it looks on your end ..

untill now! Since the last few hybrid builds it looks like this ↓ 🤨 .. play it in slow motion (a quarter of the speed) if you still don't notice it.

Attached Files
.zip   ForMYmajesty.zip (Size: 1,26 MB / Downloads: 19)
Interresting, I'll look into what could cause this, do you know in what version this started for you?
------
Send you a link to a dev version where I rearrange some stuff, try whether this changes anything. (hopefully doesn't break anything)

Cu Selur
------
(18.04.2024, 04:41)Selur Wrote: Interresting, I'll look into what could cause this, do you know in what version this started for you?

I honestly could'nt say what build started to cause that..  I realy didn't pay much attention to it , since for the most part hybrid functions well enough Big Grin .   

But i can do say, this happend with builds released end 2023 - beginning 2024 ..  Undecided ..

(18.04.2024, 05:53)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version where I rearrange some stuff, try whether this changes anything. (hopefully doesn't break anything)

Cu Selur

Thanks i'll keep you posted.

(18.04.2024, 05:53)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version where I rearrange some stuff, try whether this changes anything. (hopefully doesn't break anything)

Cu Selur

.. replaced the .exe , MUCH better now 😁👌 
It starts up in like 3 secs again now, whereas before it took like half minute  Huh

I guess, yet another full hybrid release is heading our way  Tongue

Thanks,

Ta TA
Totally unclear, why the start up would take so long.
Only change I made was to rearranged.
Before I showed the gui and still loaded some stuff, now I moved most of that loading before showing the gui.
=> no clue what that would slow down loading that much (on some systems; doesn't really make much of a difference here)

Cu Selur
------
(18.04.2024, 15:21)Selur Wrote: Totally unclear, why the start up would take so long.
Only change I made was to rearranged.
Before I showed the gui and still loaded some stuff, now I moved most of that loading before showing the gui.
=> no clue what that would slow down loading that much (on some systems; doesn't really make much of a difference here)

Cu Selur

NO clue either..

a. hybrid folder is added to the windefender exclusion list = less security = faster
b. it's installed on a fast SSD drive

You've must have done something right to speed things on my end  Big Grin ... 

Ta ta