This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

QTGMC Very Slow is not deinterlacing files
Running Version 2024-04-06 1

I created a small interlaced source file FFV1 BFF
Everything is at default except as noted below.

Loaded source file into Hybrid
Set defaut container to mkv
Set Video to FFV1
Set Audio to Passthrough all
Set file name to Short QTGMC very slow.mkv

Set FFV1 to Version 3, Color space to i422

Left Filtering at default QTGMC (Vapoursynth)
Set Preset to Very Slow
Set Overwrite input scan type to : bottom field first.

Ran the job
the output was not de-interlaced.
Running with Preset at either Slower, or Medium did de-interlace the file.

The debug, source, and output files are in a google drive directory

Hybrid debug info

I hope I got this right, I have been having problems with attachments on your message board.

Thanks, Peter

Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Can't access the files.

Quote:Running with Preset at either Slower, or Medium did de-interlace the file.
That seems strange. I really need a debug output for this. (not sure whether it's a bug in Hybrid or QTGMC)
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
Hmm,... did some tests and it seems like it's a bug in QTGMC, when 'Very Slow' or 'Placebo' are used.
Have to go to bed in a few minutes and a long work day tomorrow.
=> will try to look at it more tomorrow.
Try setting 'QTGMC Vapoursynth->Order' to '-1', that fixes the problem for me.
(seems like it's not properly set, since it shouldn't be set to anything other than '-1', I'll remove that option in the next release)

Cu Selur
I have changed the access permissions on the google drive directory.  I hope that fixes your access to the files.

I tested Order =  -1 and 0 they both work.

There is another weird one. On my Windows 11 machine when I try to minimize the Hybrid window it actually shuts down.

Sorry, I cannot figure out how to attach files to my posts. It seems they show up eventually. I just noticed it below.

Attached Files
.7z   HybridDebugOutput.7z (Size: 32,83 KB / Downloads: 6)
Quote: There is another weird one. On my Windows 11 machine when I try to minimize the Hybrid window it actually shuts down.
That is strange, since I use Windows 11 here myself.
And minimizing does not close Hybrid here.
It's minimized to the system tray.
If the system tray isn't visible on your system, disabling "Config->View->Design->Minimize to system tray" might help.

Quote:I tested Order = -1 and 0 they both work.
makes sense of a bff source Smile

Cu Selur
Thanks
There it is in the System Tray. I had been expecting it to minimize to the taskbar.