This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Vapoursynth updates,..
Just before, someone asks why Hybrid is still using Vapoursynth R65 while now R67 is released.
Problem is that the torch-addon, more specificy BasicVSR++, requires mmvc and there isn't a wheel file for mmvc available, so updating to R66 or R67 would kil BasicVSR++. (Since I use BasicVSR++ quite a bit, especially for chroma repairs, I'd like to keep it.)

Cu Selur
R68 is out, but I can't get neither BasicVSR++ (https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost2001528) nor the latest vsdpir (https://github.com/HolyWu/vs-dpir/issues/41) working with it. Sad

Cu Selur
Current state:
There are updates for vs-rife and vs-dpir, but they require R68. (which at least breaks vs-femarsr and vs-basicvsrpp)
Also vs-rife doesn't work for me,...
Okay, with the new vsrife and vsdpir updates, the R68 torch-addon doesn't work with:
  • vsanimesr
  • vsfemasr
  • vsrealesrgan
  • vsgmfss-fortuna
  • vsbasicvsrpp
Sad
Hopefully, HolyWu will update these, otherwise the torch-addon will be limited to R65.

Cu Selur
vsfemasr got updated and now works with R68:
  • vsanimesr
  • vsrealesrgan
  • vsgmfss-fortuna
  • vsbasicvsrpp
still don't.

Cu Selur
Thanks to Dan64, vsbasicvsrpp works now too.
The other three depend on older tensortrt fx version and would break dpir as they are atm. (installing them with --no-deps, doesn't work either, they need adjustments)

Cu Selur
vsrealesrgan 5.0.0 is released and works with R68.
(so only vsanimesr and vsgmfss-fortuna are missing, which at least for me isn't really an issue since I don't use them)

Cu Selur
(10.06.2024, 19:36)Selur Wrote: vsrealesrgan 5.0.0 is released and works with R68.
(so only vsanimesr and vsgmfss-fortuna are missing, which at least for me isn't really an issue since I don't use them)

Cu Selur

Thanks for the update..

So, it's safe to assume that Vapour R68 is the preferable choice now?  
Asking , because you've kept both R65 & R68 available for DL 🤔 

Also, i've noticed that the filesize from the updated torch addon packages has encreased by AAAi ai aiai gigantic A LOT 😏 ! 
Any particular reason for that 🤔 ?

Ta Ta
TD
Quote:So, it's safe to assume that Vapour R68 is the preferable choice now?
Yes, R65 will be abandoned with the next release.

Quote:Also, i've noticed that the filesize from the updated torch addon packages has encreased by AAAi ai aiai gigantic A LOT 😏 !
No, the size for torch mainly increases for the following reasons:
  • new filters (DeOldify, ProPainter) with model files
  • old filters get more options and model files
  • dependencies of new and older filters get updated and increase in size
(that is also true for normal Hybrid, so not really a particular reason, main increase is due to rife models)

just for fun I checked the packaged download size evolution of the torch package:
R61: ~7.21GB (latest 2023.04.29)
R62: ~6.99GB (latest 2023.06.15)
R63: ~6.99GB (latest 2023.06.17)
R65: ~12.4GB (latest 2024.06.10)
R68: ~10.8GB (latest 2024.06.15)

Cu Selur

Ps.: side note: just released a new Hybridm torch, vs-mlrt version
(15.06.2024, 06:45)Selur Wrote:
Quote:So, it's safe to assume that Vapour R68 is the preferable choice now? 
Yes, R65 will be abandoned with the next release.

I gather, everything works with R68 as of now 🤞😏 ..   

(15.06.2024, 06:45)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Also, i've noticed that the filesize from the updated torch addon packages has encreased by AAAi ai aiai gigantic A LOT 😏 !
No, the size for torch mainly increases for the following reasons:
  • new filters (DeOldify, ProPainter) with model files
  • old filters get more options and model files
  • dependencies of new and older filters get updated and increase in size
(that is also true for normal Hybrid, so not really a particular reason, main increase is due to rife models)

just for fun I checked the packaged download size evolution of the torch package:
R61: ~7.21GB (latest 2023.04.29)
R62: ~6.99GB (latest 2023.06.15)
R63: ~6.99GB (latest 2023.06.17)
R65: ~12.4GB (latest 2024.06.10)
R68: ~10.8GB (latest 2024.06.15)

Indeed, and filesize ↑ = literally 2x-twice as big unpacked L😲Lzz..

(15.06.2024, 06:45)Selur Wrote: Ps.: side note: just released a new Hybridm torch, vs-mlrt version"

Hybridm .. ← that a typo 😐 ? M for "Manjaro (linux)" 🤔? 

Anyway, i think iam up-to-date since yesterday.. but i'll peekab👀 once in awhile ..

Ta Ta
TD (°^ °)