This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Output container Type not recognised with AV1
#1
loaded a video file, set my filters, tried to encode it as av1 in a "webm" container.

problem:
- although the file name is correctly set, the program does not realise that it's supposed to be a webm container.
- this does not happen with other codecs.
- same error occurs with all container formats when i try to encode av1.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#2
Couldn't reproduce when using NVEnc as encoder,.. but I could when using QSVEnc.
I suspect that is what you are using, is that correct? (guessing you are using Windows from the path of your output file)
Reply
#3
Assuming my guess is right, I send you a link (via pm) to a dev version which should fix the problem.

Cu Selur
Reply
#4
i tried using rav1e (i don't see QSVEnc in the dropdown list of encoders, i have a 3080 rtx gpu, if that helps)

i found svt-av1 in my dropdown list and it has no problems with webm choice, so it's actually limited to using rav1e.

update:
- i tried encoding something with svt-av1... it does accept and start the job, but the output is faulty.
- tried installing your dev build, installer says there are (many) corrupted source files in it.

update2: nvm, i downloaded it again, this time it installed fine)
- now the rav1e @ webm job gets accepted, starts and....
   
0,2fps @ 5% cpu load... this is evil ^^

-as of this moment i'm trying aomenc (because i reaD https://forum.selur.net/thread-1399-post...ml#pid7713)
and it runs at about 18fps... much better!

update3: or so i thought ^^ ... it just doesn't update... fps and remaining time do not change :ß
   
only the job% is going up oh so slowly (despite 40% aeomenc.exe and 50% vspipe.exe usage)


Attached Files
.rar   encodeattempt.rar (Size: 422 bytes / Downloads: 10)
Reply
#5
Quote:only the job% is going up oh so slowly (despite 40% aeomenc.exe and 50% vspipe.exe usage)
if the output of the encoder changed regarding the progress indication, Hybrid would not detect it.
=> proress indication works fine here, you probably need to increase the 'CPU utilization modifier' for example to 5.
Speed of the encoders depends a lot on the settings.
SVT-AV1 encoding works fine here. (tested with default settings)

no debug output -> nothing to look at for me
Reply
#6
Did a quick test, for me encoding av1 (in webm container) with:
  • NVEnc
  • QSVEnc
  • aomenc
  • rav1e
  • SVT-AV1
works fine.
aomenc is the slowest with default settings (so enabling some options to increasing multithreading and cpu utilization is recommended).
(Personally, I usually use NVEnc for av1 encoding.)

Cu Selur
Reply
#7
i'll pursue this further with some more useful info for you, i just need a bit of spare time
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)