This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ESRgan Performance ...
Heloha,

Currently iam using Hybrid Rev. 06.16.1.

And i have noticed an huge performance drop using ESRgan since iam using → VapoursynthR68_torch_2024.06.15 !!

Using the very same settings on the same media content, i literally lose half of my fps encode performance suddenly !
Now, the interesting part is when i do parallel encoding of 2 media files simultaneously, i completely gain back that performance loss  Huh ..

Have noticed that with other projects too via hybrid, that A. gpu & cpu aren't been utilized as much anymore  & B. powerdraw is much MUCH Less when i process one media file at an time 🤔 !  Hence the performance cap !

So, it's not that my system can't handle it since i gain my performance back running in parallel mode..  Something else is afoot here ..!

EDIT: if you want to try and check it for yourself.. As model iam using  "Realesr-General" TensorRT + FP16 = checked , Resizer = Sync, Streams 1 .. for settings media content : 720x576 (SD) → 1920x1080 (HD)

Ta TA,
TD
Try using a higher 'Streams' value, other than that, write it properly down so that others can reproduce it with just using Vapoursynth and report it to the developer of vs-realesrgan (assuming that is what you are using).
(09.07.2024, 19:29)Selur Wrote: Try using a higher 'Streams' value.

hmm, i've had an gut feeling that wos the setting i wos looking for ... 

But , in the past upping the stream size didn't do A THING... NOT 1 BIT fyi ! 

Now however, the stream setting did in fact doubled my encode performance in a heartbeat🤔 .. 
Question is, what specifically has been changed that limits my system its performance in such a way 🤨?

Thanks for pointing out the obvious btw ... 😉

Ta TA
TD
Quote: Question is, what specifically has been changed that limits my system its performance in such a way 🤨?
You'll have to look at what changed in the source code for vs-RealESRGAN. (side note: for SD content, I usually use Streams = 3)

Cu Selur
(09.07.2024, 20:17)Selur Wrote:
Quote: Question is, what specifically has been changed that limits my system its performance in such a way 🤨?
You'll have to look at what changed in the source code for vs-RealESRGAN. (side note: for SD content, I usually use Streams = 3)
Cu Selur

Iam one step ahead of ya... 😉 
Fyi, i did changed it to 3 before you mentioned this..  

Because i have noticed when going from 1 to 2,  by doing that i have literally doubbled the performance, and going from 2 to 3 i gained another few fps.. 

So yeah, 3 seems to be the magic number  for SD input ...

And indeed, something must have been significantly changed about Vapour Torch addon for that to have an impact on the performance all of a sudden.
Since changing stream size in the past made it actually worse ..  

Now however, its just the opposite direction of how it now works 🤔 !?

In general, for some reason .. the default setting of 1 stream basically completely halves the encoding speed for god knows what reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ !? 

Ta TA