This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hybrid always encodes TFF on BFF MPEG2 to AVI
I'm trying to encode a BFF MPEG 2 file into a UT Video AVI with QTGMC Bob. I have set the "overwrite input scan type" to BFF.

The encode always comes out progressive but with the TFF.

The source MPEG 2 is on Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_fWD8d...sp=sharing

The forum won't accept my attachment. I click in the Attachments box, choose the file then click "Open", the window closes back to the message but nothing happens after that.
Quote:The encode always comes out progressive but with the TFF.
What? You can't have progressive and a scan order,...

When I load your file, Hybrid properly detects it as bff and the UT video command line looks like:
-vcodec utvideo -pred left -slices 0 -flags +ildct+ilme -vf setfield=bff -pix_fmt yuv420p -colorspace bt709
, when "UT Video->Interlacing" is enabled and set to 'auto'.

=> share a debug output of what you are doing and I'll look at it after work.

Cu Selur
I can't paste text to quote it.  Sad

The top field frame is coming out first (from QTGMC Bob).

Debug attached on Google Drive, thanks Selur.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V2-lppa...sp=sharing

There's something wrong with the forum's attachments system. I'm using Chrome (Win11) and after I select the file to be attached (MPG or a ZIP), nothing happens.

Oh well, there it is, it's attached.  Huh

Attached Files
.zip   HybridDebugOutput.zip (Size: 19,95 KB / Downloads: 13)
attachment worked,..
Had a quick look at the debug output, according to the debug output:
32bit Avisynth QTGMC was used for deinterlacing, but there the wrong field order was used:
AssumeTFF()
QTGMC(Preset="Fast", ediThreads=2)
# scaling to 768x614
Spline36Resize(768,614)
# setting output fps to 50.000fps
AssumeFPS(50,1)
(as a workaround, using Vapoursynth instead should fix that)
=> will look at it after work

Cu Selur
In Avisynth, it's also fixed, if you set "QTGMC Avisynth->Order" to "-1".

Cu Selur
Send you a link to a dev version which removes QTGMC Order, which should fix the problem.

Cu Selur
Excellent, thanks Selur, the dev version works a treat.  Smile