This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Auto-renaming ouput files
Selur, i know that you don't want to made changes to the auto generation of names, but as i read in other parts of the forum (if i remember well) .. someone asked for a build time merged to the filename of output or something like that.

asking also this because, before starting a 2 hours jobs usually i cut 1 minute of the original footage and i render it using hybrid in 5/6 different ways to understand what output is what i want.

doing this right now is automatically overwritting the precedent output with the new one.. and at the end there is just 1 output file... can be nice to have (maybe) something automatically added (flagging something on the gui) ... not necessary COPY OF... or (1) (2) (3) that requires some work reading file names.. parsing it... checking it ... etc etc.. BUT just Hour:minuteConfusedeconds at the end of file before extension.

this make 5 different outputs that can't be overwritten in any way ( just hour:minute can be problematic because rendering 1 minute of footage can make identical file names.. better to add seconds also)

www.wcn.it/overwrite.mp4
I will think about it.
I uploaded a dev version to my experimental folder on GoogleDrive which will replace:
  • %DATE% with a "yyyy-MM-dd"-date
  • %TIME% with a "HH-mm-ss"-time
  • %TIMEMS% with a "HH-mm-ss-zzz"-time
and triggers file name re-generation on job creation.
This should help.

Cu Selur
sorry i placed the %DATE% on teh output file name (base tab), removed the "generate" flag and after the redering job i has a file aclled: "test %DATE%.mkv"  the string was not replaced.
You need to add it under Config->Filenames->Output Filename Generation->Suffix.
very thank you!