This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] insert applied filters as comment?
hello there.
is there a way to insert the applied filters as a comment/tag in the output file?
would be so helpful to track the development of a piece of footage.
No, Hybrid has no such option.
Filter lists can become long, adding the used filters to the file name seems like asking for problems.
oh no, not the filename, just a comment tag (metadata)
Hmm,... that would not cause problems.
=> I'll think about it
I found some old code where I already thought about implementing this, but stopped it since:
a. I expect that users not only want the name, but the parameters (and order) of the filters too.
b. it would be a pain having to test what would need to be escaped&co, depending on the container and tool used for muxing.
=> Sorry, I will not try to implement this for one person. It simply seems like too much trouble.

I would be willing to add an option to add the used Vapoursynth/Avisynth scripts to the report-file (this would be a better location for such info), if that would help.

Cu Selur
while it's not possible to guess the filters used in an encode, finding the right parameters is rather quick and easy work - so, imho naming the used filters without parameters would be a tremendous help already
Quote: finding the right parameters is rather quick and easy work
I wonder why I sometimes spend days on the correct settings&co when I encode stuff. Angel

I could add such a filter list to the report file, but I won't add it to the container tags.

Cu Selur
(24.07.2024, 16:44)Selur Wrote:
Quote: finding the right parameters is rather quick and easy work
I wonder why I sometimes spend days on the correct settings&co when I encode stuff.  Angel

some sidecar file would be cool, too
I uploaded a dev version to the experimental folder in my GoogleDrive which will add the used Synth script to the report (Config->Internals->Create report file).

Cu Selur
thank you very much. will test it as soon as i can.