This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Avisynth preview problem
I removed Hybrid completely with all settings.
Now QTGMC is the same as in your screenshot.
the preview window shows the first frame.
When I try to move the slider to the next frame, the preview window freezes.
Can't reproduce this here.
I load the source, enable "Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Preview->Show Histogram" open the Avisynth Preview and have no issues moving the slider. (neither by clicking on it and using the arrow keys or by dragging&dropping the slider to a different position)
When using QTGMC with Preset 'slow' and high presets, Preview freezes from time to time, this seems to be related to how QTGMC handles YUY2 content.
I changed the code for Hybrid to use YUV422PX instead, which seems to help somewhat (preview is still slower than with Vapoursynth, but that seems to be related to Avisynths thread&RAM handling; running two instances of QTGMC on 4:2:2 HD content is somewhat demanding).
Uploaded a new dev which uses YUV422PX instead of YUY2 in FFmpegSource2.

Cu Selur
Now I set "Medium" preset: again freeze.
This does not happen on all files. Please try on the file I sent you.
If I'm correct and those short freezes are due to the memory/thread handling in Avisynth.
Try:
1. enabling Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Script->Miscellaneous->Disable MT
This should slow things down, but also remove those freezes.
2. if the above helps, disable it and try using a lower MT-thread than you effectively use in your Avisynth script atm. (start with 2)

Another 'workaround' I found is increasing the memory max for Avisynth scripts (assuming you got enough free ram), more than Hybrid supports atm. Smile
=> I'm uploading a new dev (should be up in ~10min => it's up), assuming you have enough RAM (and use 64bit Avisynth), you can now instead of lowering the MT count, increase the 'Memory max' for example to 16384, this should help with the occasional freezing. (at least it does here)

Cu Selur

Ps.: In general, I would recommend switching to Vapoursynth.
I found that in the settings
Quote:Avisynth type - 32 bit
After set it to
Quote:Avisynth type - 64 bit
no freeze!
I always put 64 bits there. After installing one of the developer versions, it became 32 bits.
Quote: I always put 64 bits there. After installing one of the developer versions, it became 32 bits.
If you say so, unless you changed your defaults, Hybrid wouldn't change them.

Cu Selur
I always check "Auto save defaults"
Maybe some antivirus or similar blocked the access temporarily, Hybrid then assumed 64bit Avisynth wasn't available and thus disabled it and due to the autosave saved the setting.
No, clue. Couldn't reproduce the problem here, but don't fear, atm. I plan for the end of the year to drop at least Avisynth 32bit support and maybe even drop Avisynth as a whole or make it an optional add-on download.

Cu Selur