This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Encode says 130% complete for some reason and hasn't finished
Okay, no idea, atm.
Please create and share two debug outputs.
One that is created with the loading of your source.
One that is created when calling the Vapoursynth Preview while DgDecNV is enabled.
Hopefully that will help me understand what is happening.
Thanks.

Cu Selur
Okay, both attached.

Attached Files
.zip   HybridDebugOutput - VPY Preview DGDecNV.zip (Size: 47,68 KB / Downloads: 8)
.zip   HybridDebugOutput - load source.zip (Size: 39,04 KB / Downloads: 15)
First file includes the loading of the source.
Based on that, you should not use QTGMC since the source is not interlaced, its either telecined or soft telecined.

Second files also include the analysis of the source, so it's not what I asked for. => not spending time on it.

Do you see combing artifacts when using DGDecNV and:
a. overwriting the scan type to progressive?
b. overwriting the scan type to soft telecine?
c. overwriting the scan type to telecine?
What is the frame count in those scenarios?
Not sure how you wanted the VPY preview debug output, all i did was press VPY and loaded the previewer and saved the debug output. What should I do there?

Quote:Do you see combing artifacts when using DGDecNV and...What is the frame count in those scenarios?

a. overwriting the scan type to progressive? - yes 3 good frames, 2 combed, input frames 75439, output 75439, vpy preview 94290

b. overwriting the scan type to soft telecine? - no combing artifacts, input frames 75439, output 60351, vpy preview 75439

c. overwriting the scan type to telecine? -  no combing artifacts, input frames 75439, output 60351, vpy preview 75439
No clue, why MakeMKV creates the video the way it is and why Mediainfo is reporting it this way. Seems like my old MakeMKV workarounds don't work anymore.
If you:
a. use DGDecNV with soft telecine
b. overwrite the output frame count to the correct value (75439)
progress should be correct. (still 130% seems strange, I would have expected 125%.)

Cu Selur

Ps.: I'll try to find some time during the week to install MakeMKV and try to recreate the problem by ripping an old NTSC DVD with it. (I think I might still have one somewhere.) Maybe I can come up with a new workaround.
Uploaded a new dev version which should adjust the frame count during analysis, not sure if this does not cause problems on other files from MakeMKV, so best check whether output frame count and frame count shown by Vapoursynth Preview are roughly the same (+/- a few frames).

Cu Selur
That worked but now the encode cuts the last 10 and a half minutes of audio out. Right around the last chapter of the mkv file. **with previous** dev version. will try new one now. Should add that I have not encountered this problem on any other DVD other than the blu-ray's you helped me with a few weeks ago in this thread.
New dev version worked completely! thank you
Hopefully it doesn't cause issues with other MakeMKV rips.

Cu Selur