This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Aspect ratio issues
Hi there

I am currently having an issue where videos I am basically trying to double the fps with QTGMC are also being stretched from 4:3 to 16:9 and, occasionally, the other way as well. As far as I'm aware I didn't change any settings previously, but I am wondering if I had done so, whereabouts might this setting be so I can change it back to default?
By default, Hybrid would pass through any aspect ratio info it detects.
"Crop/Resize->Base->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)" if where could overwrite the detected and the output PAR.
You could mess up the input PAR up through "Crop/Resize->Misc->On SOurce Change->Overwrite input PAR".
You could mess up the DAR (during playback) of the output by changing the output resolution while disabling 'Crop/Resize->Base->Resize->Picture->Resize->Auto adjust'.
You could reset the used models, presets, defaults,... [INFO] About profiles and saving settings,....

Cu Selur
I am still having issues with particular files from DVDs having their aspect ratios changed. However, I do not think it has anything to do with Hybrid, which I eventually reinstalled from scratch, as the problem only affects some of the extracted mkvs from a DVD.

I am fairly sure it has something to do with how the original videos are encoded on DVD?