This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

No menu option to bypass auto deinteracing
Hi 

I did a full install of Hybrid today using the latest installer and imported some interlaced files to play around with the filters.

One strange thing I noticed is there was no option under the Auto Deinterlace menu to select "no deinterlace". I saw a video tutorial from someone made a few months back that "no deinterlace" was an option in the menu.

Whether this is related under filtering I also only have the following availabe to select from - 
- No Xsynth
- Avisynth
- vaporsynth

The help pop up mentions options such as Mencoder/FFMPEG deinterlacers which I dont have available at all. 

Perhaps my install of Hybrid missed installing some components?

One thing to note is that I did have FFMPEG installed prior to installing Hybrid in case it is relevant at all.
Big Grin 
the software is becoming popular, there are more and more 1-click fans.
'no deinterlacing' was removed a while ago.
Hybrid will only deinterlace when it's required.
Meaning, only if:
a. source is detected as interlaced ('overwrite input scan type')
b. output is not interlaced
will Hybrid deinterlace. This is also in the tool-tip.

Quote:Deinterlace handling:
Sets what method will be used to deal with non-progressive content, assuming the output isn't marked as interlaced in the encoder.
Hybrid does only deinterlace if:
a. the source is non-progressive
b. the output is not interlaced
So:
- If your source is flagged as interlaced, but in reality is progressive: overwrite the scan type.
- If your source is flagged progressive, but in reality interlaced: overwrite the scan type.
- If your source is progressive and properly flagged, do not worry Hybrid will not try to deinterlace the source.
Quote:Overwrite input scan type to:
If the normal headers indicate a wrong input scan type and the interlace detection of Hybrid also fails you, you can use this option to overwrite the current input scan type.
If the scan type is progressive, no deinterlace handling will be available unless the scan type is overwritten.
Setting deinterlace handling to 'no deinterlacing' always was a bad idea, since it took away information from Hybrid.

Cu Selur
Thank you for the helpful reply.