This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

x265 encoding error.
Hello Mr. Selur, thank you very much again.

I have tested the new dev version with an MKV input and also with an avs script input, and these are the results:

- MKV:
No "709" appears in the log.

- avs script:
No "709" appears referencing ffmpeg as it did in previous versions, although this does appear which I don't know what it is:
Quote:adjusting VUI ColorMatrix to: bt709

But well, it doesn't matter. If I understand you correctly, you have not changed anything in the operation of Hybrid and you have simply made a change so that now it does not write that information in the log (so Hybrid internally continues to work exactly as in the previous version), right?

So then I understand that even if 709 appears there is no problem and it does not affect anything, correct?

I was asking you the previous days about those 709 simply because I was a little surprised and then I wanted to make sure that there was no problem.

So now everything is clear and understood, thank you very much for answering me and helping me as always.

Best regards!

Attached Files
.zip   HybridDebugOutput - MKV.zip (Size: 48,41 KB / Downloads: 9)
.zip   HybridDebugOutput - avs script.zip (Size: 57,84 KB / Downloads: 7)
Quote:But well, it doesn't matter. If I understand you correctly, you have not changed anything in the operation of Hybrid and you have simply made a change so that now it does not write that information in the log (so Hybrid internally continues to work exactly as in the previous version), right?
No, I changed it so that the color&co flaggs won't be added when they won't have any influence. (when using pipes)

Quote:So then I understand that even if 709 appears there is no problem and it does not affect anything, correct?
When using pipes, the occurrence did not have any influence on the output.
If it now appears, it should have an influence.

Cu Selur
Ok, now I think I have understood you correctly.

The ffmpeg commands are still present in the log, so it is not that you have omitted the writing of those lines in the log as I told you in my previous message, but now the ffmpeg commands do not include the parameters that specify the color, right?

In case it is that, then in the avs script log there is also no problem because no parameters with 709 are included in the ffmpeg calls. So it's fine and there is no problem.

But there are some lines that indicate this (in my previous message I attached you the debug output of this):
Quote:adjusting VUI ColorMatrix to: bt709

But I don't know what this is.
Does that have any influence? Or does it not influence anything and it doesn't matter?

Thank you very much again for your quick answers.
Quote:The ffmpeg commands are still present in the log, so it is not that you have omitted the writing of those lines in the log as I told you in my previous message, but now the ffmpeg commands do not include the parameters that specify the color, right?
Correct. Hybrid does not include the color matrix/primary/range signaling if they are not used for the output. (like in case of piping)

Quote: In case it is that, then in the avs script log there is also no problem because no parameters with 709 are included in the ffmpeg calls. So it's fine and there is no problem.
Decoding an Avisynth script hold no color matrix/primaries/transfer information when decoded.
(iirc that is not totally correct, "-f avisynth" in Avisynth does support some additional signaling (that could be set manually), but afaik that is still experimental)
Whether there is a problem depends on what you do with your script.
If you directly encode it, the encoder must be configured correctly to contain vui signaling.
If you open the script inside another script, that script might need to know the color matrix&co to do proper YUV<>RGB conversions.

Quote:But I don't know what this is.
Does that have any influence? Or does it not influence anything and it doesn't matter?
It can. When a change is made in Hybrid, it might adjust the input color matrix signaling to that change, depending on how Hybrid is configured.
=> check your settings and the configured command lines

Cu Selur