This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

odd crash almost immediately upon adding job
defaulted everything, hybrid is updated to current release, w10 21H1 x64, 560.81 nvidia driver. video stream in file is v_MPEG4/ISO/AVC size 58 h.264 profile: High @L4.0 23.976 fps

if i passthrough all with mp4 as container, mp4box demuxes the files fine. things proceed 'as expected'. zero issues with the job output, but the file doesn't play properly. vlc gives me a couple of seconds of smeary mess before stopping, and mpc-hc shows black for 43 minutes. skipping around shows individual frames from near the start of the video.

the demuxed stream file (the ????.264 file ) from the mp4box output plays fine in both vlc and mpchc. the output mp4 post processing does not. does not mux audio in, despite settings. passthrough or transcode to ac3.

if i set it to literally any other video option that uses mkvmerge (including passthrough but mkv extension, which yields a different error: --color-matrix-coefficients could not be opened. due to missing file?), i get a crash because mkvmerge isn't extracting the video from the source file. the audio and the cover png demux but then it appears that mkvmerge seems to not extract the video while saying it does, which then fails when the next part finds no file, dumping the whole job.

setting to only use nvenc only does nothing.

preview works fine.

skimming the debug output shows that it shows percentages for extract of the video stream but it doesn't actually create a file, and the 'extract' occurs in a single millisecond, which is obviously impossible.

tried full defaulting, changing path options as needed, and with both default nvenc and my slightly customized options (h265, vbr, 3500kbit 2 pass full). both crash with same error, options seem to make no difference, as there's no video stream file to process.

i can verify its not creating any video stream files as i monitor the temp folder while its running.

even wiped and reinstalled, same story.

i've had this same issue with some other files in the past. all files that issue present with play with zero problems in both mpc-hc and vlc.

as an aside, nvenc also complains about '--lookahead-level' option not existing, but the same settings work with other files, so it likely just ignores this.

unsure if this is an mkvtoolnix/mkvmerge bug or an option flag issue. original file reports as created with mkvtoolnix v73. i find it odd that the util can't extract a stream from a container it created, even if it might be a slightly older version.

tried doing a straight mux (same content, new file) job in mkvtoolinux-gui and it processes fine, creates new version of video, basically identical to the old, save for updated metadata to reflect updated utils. attempting to use this new file results in identical behavior all around.

very confused.

Attached Files
.zip   HybridDebugOutput.zip (Size: 15,36 KB / Downloads: 11)

Messages In This Thread
odd crash almost immediately upon adding job - by kenabi - 07.10.2024, 16:04