This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SpotLess first frame isn't processing
Hi,
The spotless isn't processing the first of the file. Any tips pls.

Hybrid 2024.09.29.1
How I see it:
Sadly, that is to be expected the way the script works.
I don't think there is a way around it.
How I understand it, the first frame can't be processed since the motion analysis has no predecessor to compare the current frame against and thus can't decide whether something might be noise or not. (probably the same for the last frame)

I think all those scripts/filters will have the same restriction.
So it's not that the first frame isn't processed, it is analyzed in respect to its neighbors, but dirt/noise/spot removal can't work since there is not enough data available at that point.

Cu Selur
Wow. That was fast reply. Thank you very much.
Spotless was working great for my restoration i am currently doing now. Its sad it has these limitations Sad . I saw a forum in doom telling that Deltarestore is great. 

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1944360

How can I use this inside hybrid? Can you pls guide me?
Nobody, ported this to Vapoursynth afaik. so you can't use it in Vapoursynth.
You would need to use the Avisynth version in a custom section while using Avisynth for filtering.
In that section, you would need to import all the required dependencies and call the script there. (latest version seems to be: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1953584)
Since it does not look like it was ever out in a single function to use, it's probably going to be tricky.

Sorry, have to go to work now.

Cu Selur
Thank you for the reply. Not much I have learnt about AVISYNTH. Very long ago like 10+ years back i was tinkering with this in notepad on some underexposed file of my first 5D camera. Need to brush up the knowledge on howto.