This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] How To Add Borders in Hybrid?
in avisynth sript
i can wrtie code:

AddBorders(42,0,38,0) 

to add borders to video

but how How To Add Borders in Hybrid?
"Filtering->Crop/Resize->Base->Letterbox", is the only way Hybrid support letterboxing.
Hybrid doesn't support custom border definitions like 'add 3 left, 2 top, 1 bottom, 3 right'.
So what you want is not possible in Hybrid atm. Smile
Instead of adding 42pixels on the left and 38 pixels on the right, Hybrid atm. only supports adding 40 pixels on each side through letterbox.

Cu Selur
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
Its said that Hybrid still doesn't have basic function or filter to mask borders to black  Sad
Essential for VHS picture encoding.
Hybrid just doesn't call it AddBorders, but letterboxing.
The functionality is there. Only thing that Hyrid does not support (since nobody ever asked for it) is adding other than black colored borders.
Sorry, I meant masking, not adding border. Changing existing borders colors to plain black without resizing picture content resolution.

I still experiencing Hybrid and it seems its resized my encoded VHS capture video for some reason to 1280x720... I realized that if I enable Hardware/AVCHD on x264/Base tab/ restriction settings, then disable Hardware option, it still Resize the content to 1280x720 and Resize option is still grayed out. Letterbox option is either remains enabled....
Quote:Sorry, I meant masking, not adding border. Changing existing borders colors to plain black without resizing picture content resolution.
You could always, Write your own VapourSynth/Avisynth code to do what you want.
Remember Hybrid isn't some NLE or something like it, but a simple gui for existing command line tools which I write in my free time.
Usually one would crop the content, resize and letterbox and not start masking content.
(Also Hybrid does support some basic masking for filter effects when using Vapoursynth and enabling, Filtering->Misc->UI->Show 'Masked' controls". Similar for filtering only regions.)

Quote:I still experiencing Hybrid and it seems its resized my encoded VHS capture video for some reason to 1280x720... I realized that if I enable Hardware/AVCHD on x264/Base tab/ restriction settings, then disable Hardware option, it still Resize the content to 1280x720 and Resize option is still grayed out. Letterbox option is either remains enabled....
That is the correct/expected behaviour. If you enable an option which requires tons of adjustements (like being AVCHD compatible) and you disable the option, Hybrid is not able to undo everything that was done.

Cu Selur