This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Disaster with wrong MPlayer
The preview errors occur irrespective of the wine version because I have tried 3 versions.
I do not get the errors when I call avsViewer from the terminal nor are there any wine errors when avsPmod is used.

You cannot just switch input file from one to another. It does not work
You have to first close and relaunch Hybrid and only then can you input a different file.

Vapoursynth history is less than avisynth. Support non existant. Documentation as bad as Hybrid. Usability for professional editing dubious.
Yes I have it installed but unlikely to recompile it for my new machine for which I already have the motherboard, CPU and
GEFORCE GTX1050
(20.05.2018, 07:41)Selur Wrote: Why do you create seven debug outputs when I ask for one regarding one of the problems?
When you create multiple debug output files at least name them somehow so I don't have to read the whole damn thing so know what it is about.
  • HybridDebugOutput-1 crashes (during the encoding) with:
    FFmpeg : Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
  • when calling:
    "/usr/bin/ffmpeg" -y -loglevel fatal -threads 2 -i "/tmp/convert/merged.mp4" -map 0:0 -an -sn  -vsync 0 -vf zscale=rangein=limited:range=limited -pix_fmt yuv420p  -f rawvideo -
  • Wild guess: your ffmpeg version might not be compiled with zimg support.
    Please call:
    "/usr/bin/ffmpeg" -y -loglevel fatal -threads 2 -i "/tmp/convert/merged.mp4" -map 0:0 -an -sn  -vsync 0 -vf zscale=rangein=limited:range=limited -pix_fmt yuv420p  -f rawvideo /dev/null
  • and report what the output says. (don't post a screen shot, copy&past the output into code-tags)

What I did - loaded mp4, set x264, no filters, started encode = NOTHING
  • HybridDebugOutput-2 crashes (during normal Preview) with:
    MPlayer SVN-r38105-snapshot-5.3.0 © 2000-2018 MPlayer Team225 audio & 464 video codecsPlaying /tmp/convert/merged.mp4.do_connect: could not connect to socketconnect: No such file or directoryFailed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes) libavformat version 58.13.100 (internal)libavformat file format detected.[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x564f077cc060]Protocol name not provided, cannot determine if input is local or a network protocol, buffers and access patterns cannot be configured optimally without knowing the protocol[lavf] stream 0: video (h264), -vid 0[lavf] stream 1: audio (ac3), -aid 0, -alang undVIDEO:  [H264]  720x576  24bpp  23.976 fps  5478.3 kbps (668.7 kbyte/s)Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_va_gl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.No stream found.
  • while calling:
    "/usr/bin/mplayer" -slave -udp-master "/tmp/convert/merged.mp4" -forcedsubsonly -nosub -noautosub -fps 23.976 -nocache -aid 0  -wid 56623157 -lavdopts threads=2
  • Seems like your mplayer is compiled with broken VDPAU support.
This is a copout  I have no issues with MPlayer
What I did here - went to filtering window, clicked on lower preview = window flashed for a fraction of a second
  • HybridDebugOutput-3 reports some wine problems (when avsViewer is called):
    Avisynth preview error: 0009:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xae9b38) stub000b:fixme:winediagConfusedtart_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
  • -> this is a bug in wine, nothing I can do about it
  • HybridDebugOutput-4 shows you stopping an encoding:
    /usr/bin/wine "/usr/bin/hybrid-bin/avs2yuv.exe"  "/tmp/encodingTempSynthSkript_11_02_51_7510.avs" -csp I420 -o - | "/usr/bin/x264" --preset slow --crf 18.00 --profile high --level 4.1 --psy-rd 1.00:0.15 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --deblock -1:-1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt470bg --demuxer y4m  --input-range tv --fps 24000/1001 --output "/tmp/11_02_51_7510_03.264" -
  • So avs2yuv doesn't seem to cause problems for your wine environment.
  • HybridDebugOutput-5 shows you stopping an encoding:
    /usr/bin/wine "/usr/bin/hybrid-bin/avs2yuv.exe"  "/tmp/encodingTempSynthSkript_11_07_18_1010.avs" -csp I420 -o - | "/usr/bin/x264" --preset slow --crf 18.00 --profile high --level 4.1 --psy-rd 1.00:0.15 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --deblock -1:-1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --demuxer y4m  --input-range tv --fps 24000/1001 --output "/tmp/11_07_18_1010_02.264" -
  • HybridDebugOutput-6 shows you stopping an encoding:
    /usr/bin/wine "/usr/bin/hybrid-bin/avs2yuv.exe"  "/tmp/encodingTempSynthSkript_11_11_23_7210.avs" -csp I420 -o - | "/usr/bin/x264" --preset slow --crf 18.00 --profile high --level 4.1 --psy-rd 1.00:0.15 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --deblock -1:-1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt470bg --demuxer y4m  --input-range tv --fps 24000/1001 --output "/tmp/11_11_23_7210_03.264" -
  • HybridDebugOutput-7 crashes (during the encoding) with:
    FFmpeg : Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
  • when
    "/usr/bin/ffmpeg" -y -loglevel fatal -threads 2 -i "/tmp/convert/merged.mp4" -map 0:0 -an -sn  -vsync 0 -vf zscale=rangein=limited:range=limited -pix_fmt yuv420p  -f rawvideo -
  • is called, same guess as above: Might be a problem with missing zimg support.
    What I did here was the same as in (1) loaded mp4, set x264, no filters, started encode = NOTHING

Cu Selur
Discovered by accident that yesterday you had posted a new linux Hybrid version 180521.

Have quickly evaluated.
Do now get a preview of a sorts when loading avs but it is not a filter preview because for example I do not see effect of the Tweak filter.
Encoding the file however works and the change in saturation can be seen in the end result.

In contrast, if the mp4 is loaded direct into Hybrid, and tweak filter is set, its effect can be seen in the
filter preview.

debug attached
Quote:Do now get a preview of a sorts when loading avs but it is not a filter preview because for example I do not see effect of the Tweak filter.
Encoding the file however works and the change in saturation can be seen in the end result.
Okay, it is strange that you write that because according to the debug output you posted Hybrid does not use a modified avs file but just the avs file you used as input, thus it should be the other way around.

Also: You are using the AvisynthPreview right, because inside the normal preview Avisynth is disabled by default,...

-> Please create a debug output of the preview not working / showing the effects of tweak, so I can see what is called, to know whether you are using the wrong preview or whether there is a bug.

Cu Selur
First I loaded the avs, clicked support Avisynth + Filter View and got preview but no Tweak effect.
However notice that the saturation of both sides is wrong and it looks like the Tweak filter has been applied overall.

Closed the preview, deselected deinterlacing and selected Tweak filter which shouldn't be necessary if avs is properly read.
This time the preview is correct with the right side having greater colour saturation.

Debug,screenshots & avs attached.

For interest, I loaded the tmp avs file generated by Hybrid into avsPmod and a screenshot is attached.
Something weird is going on ?  Why convert to RGB32 twice and I never called Bicubic resize. It should be Spline36 ??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:First I loaded the avs, clicked support Avisynth + Filter View and got preview but no Tweak effect.
Looking at the preview script from that is used in avsViewer:
#  input color sampling YV12
#  input luminance scale tv
Source = Import("/tmp/convert/merged-mp4-test.avs")
# current resolution: 1024x576
SourceFiltered = Source
# deinterlacing
# filtering
# color modifications
# Current color sampling before 'Tweak' is 'YV12'
# Supported color samplings for 'Tweak' are: 'YUY2, Y8, YV411, YV12, YV16, YV24'
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.Tweak(sat=2.00)
# adjust color to(2): RGB32
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")
Source = Source.ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")
StackHorizontal(Source, SourceFiltered)
return last
Tweak gets applied to the right side only, conversion to RGB32 is done since the preview is always RGB and to make sure the right Matrix is used for that conversion this is done in the Avisynth script.
-> Looks fine to me, no clue why you can't see the effect. Works fine here.

Quote:Why convert to RGB32 twice
Once for the filtered and once for the unfiltered source.

Quote: I never called Bicubic resize. It should be Spline36 ??
Not sure that you are referring to, I don't see any resizing in this script at all,...

Cu Selur
Line 4 of my script calls Spline36Resize

The colour saturation of the attached preview screenshot is all wrong - far too red.
There is no difference between sides. so Tweak has been applied to both sides.

In the debug output your attached in the last thread the PreviewScript was:
# loading source: /tmp/convert/merged-mp4-test.avs
Source = Import("/tmp/convert/merged-mp4-test.avs")
# current resolution: 1024x576
SourceFiltered = Source
# filtering
# adjust color to(2): RGB32
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")
return last
-> anything you see comes from your script, no tweak applied by Hybrid.
So yes, if you apply tweak the script that you feed Hybrid as input, both sides will show it's effect.

Hybrid simply takes your script as Input, aside from grabbing the frame count, frame rate, color type and resolution it doesn't analyse the content of the script you feed it.
-> Did you expect Hybrid to ?

Cu Selur
Your response is astonishing

The purpose of having a preview is to see the effect of filters applied so that adjustments can be made if needed.

If I load the mp4 direct into Hybrid and deselect all filters, the preview images are the same on both sides.
If I however then apply the tweak filter and launch the preview, the effect of the filter can be clearly seen on the right side.

This is not the case when I load the mp4 via avs.

Screenshots of same frame before and after filter are attached.

Problem is that I need to either see the problem in the avs file that is used during the preview or need to be able to reproduce the issue.
Sadly the effect you describe doesn't happen here and the avisynth script I posted from your debug output in Post #38 shows the following (removed old comments added new once to describe what's happening):
Source = Import("/tmp/convert/merged-mp4-test.avs") # Input .avs is loaded
SourceFiltered = Source # Input is copied to SourceFiltered , so Source and SourceFiltered contain the same content
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.Tweak(sat=2.00) # Tweak is applied to SourceFiltered
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709") # SourceFiltered  is converted to RGB32 using the Rec709 matrix
Source = Source.ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")  # Sourceis converted to RGB32 using the Rec709 matrix
StackHorizontal(Source, SourceFiltered) # Source and SourceFiltered are stacked horizontally
return last # the stacked sources are returned
From this everything looks fine. Tweak only gets applied to the right side of the preview image.
Problem is for some reason, I do not understand and can't reproduce, the sides look the same for you.
I looked at the source code of Hybrid and [/url]avsViewer and nothing should have this effect once the above script is fed to avsViewer.

This is how I try to reproduce your issue:
  1. Start Hybrid
  2. load a source file
  3. switch to Filtering->Avisynth
  4. make sure Filtering->Support is set to 'Avisynth'
  5. I look at the script by pressing 'Filtering->Avisynth->Show current avisynth script', which shows:
    LoadCPlugin("/usr/bin/hybrid-bin/avisynthPlugins/ffms2.dll")
    # loading source: /home/selur/test.mp4
    Source = FFVideoSource("/home/selur/test.mp4",cachefile="/tmp/mp4_064533b12340540cfe9q4ceb031df893_125145377_1_0.ffindex")
    # current resolution: 720x576
    return last
  6. I copy and paste this script into an file I name '/home/selur/test.avs'.
  7. I press the 'Avisynth preview' button to make sure the ffindex file gets generated and the preview works. Then I close the preview.
  8. I load '/home/selur/test.avs' as source in Hybrid (Main->Base->Open File)
  9. I enable 'Filtering->Avisynth->Tweak'
  10. I set 'Filtering->Avisynth->Tweak->Staturation' from '1.00' to '2.00'
  11. I enable 'Filtering->Filter view'
  12. I start the 'Avisynth preview' again. (only the right side is show oversaturated here)
  13. I look at the script inside the temp folder which is used for the preview (in my case '/tmp/tempPreviewAvisynthFile08_29_54_346_tmp.avs') and look at it's content
    Source = Import("/home/selur/test.avs")
    # current resolution: 720x576
    SourceFiltered = Source
    # deinterlacing
    # filtering
    # color modifications
    # Current color sampling before 'Tweak' is 'YV12'
    # Supported color samplings for 'Tweak' are: 'YUY2, Y8, YV411, YV12, YV16, YV24'
    SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.Tweak(sat=2.00)
    # adjust color to(2):
    RGB32SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")
    return last
-> Over here everything works like it is meant to be.

Assuming you didn't make a mistake and fed Hybrid with the already filtered Avisynth script I have no idea what is running wrong that you get the effect that you describe.

Seeing that you seem to got MeGui running and we seem to be running in circles here I would recommend to you to use MeGui.

Cu Selur