This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Rename tracks help please and help with chapters
Soundhandler: Sounds like you also installed ffdshow and that is also used inside MPC HC.
Looking at the muxing call:
Quote: "D:\Programs\Hybrid\64bit\MP4Box.exe" -add "G:\PLEXME~1\NEWTHI~1\ERAGON~1\13_12_~1.MP4" -add "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\IID_1_~3.AAC"#audio:name="Main Audio":lang="en" -mpeg4 -add "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\IID_2_~4.AC3"#audio:name="Secondary Audio":lang="en" -chap "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\13_12_35_0210__13.chp" -itags tool="Hybrid 2018.07.27.1" -tmp "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp" -new "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\Eragon (2006)\13_12_35_0210__14.mp4"
Only two audio tracks are added, so the Soundhandler is something that is added due to your playback configuration.
(06.08.2018, 05:31)Selur Wrote: Soundhandler: Sounds like you also installed ffdshow and that is also used inside MPC HC.
Looking at the muxing call:
Quote: "D:\Programs\Hybrid\64bit\MP4Box.exe" -add "G:\PLEXME~1\NEWTHI~1\ERAGON~1\13_12_~1.MP4" -add "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\IID_1_~3.AAC"#audio:name="Main Audio":lang="en" -mpeg4 -add "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\IID_2_~4.AC3"#audio:name="Secondary Audio":lang="en" -chap "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\13_12_35_0210__13.chp" -itags tool="Hybrid 2018.07.27.1" -tmp "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp" -new "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\Eragon (2006)\13_12_35_0210__14.mp4"
Only two audio tracks are added, so the Soundhandler is something that is added due to your playback configuration.

I do have MPC-HC installed, but I've never seen Sound handler before in any of these 1,000+ movies and shows I've ripped, the first time I have ever seen it is when I did those same five tests with the .mp4 file.  So is this something MPC-HC most likely installed by itself, and is it somehow interfering with Hybrid?
No. Ist's not interfering with Hybrid.
Ist's triggered by one of the settings in MPC HC, or ffdshow. This dies not happem here and I'm pretty sure that there is no additional audio track added by Hybrid.
-> this looks to me like something triggered by some setting in your setup during playback.
(06.08.2018, 06:11)Selur Wrote: No. Ist's not interfering with Hybrid.
Ist's triggered by one of the settings in MPC HC, or ffdshow. This dies not happem here and I'm pretty sure that there is no additional audio track added by Hybrid.
-> this looks to me like something triggered by some setting in your setup during playback.

OK, well interesting, I will take a look around, and see if I can figure out why it is saying that, and I can also test with VLC, or other programs. Although, I notice if I save it as an .mkv, in the exact same fashion, it does not show up in MPC-HC. I wonder if it is something to do with the .mp4 container itself?
Probably not the container itself, my guess is that this is triggered by ac-3 inside an mp4 container and your settings in MPC-HC and ffdshow (which by default is not shipped with MPC-HC).

Cu Selur
(06.08.2018, 06:53)Selur Wrote: Probably not the container itself, my guess is that this is triggered by ac-3 inside an mp4 container and your settings in MPC-HC and ffdshow (which by default is not shipped with MPC-HC).

Cu Selur

You probably are right, you know way more about this stuff than I ever will.  On a side note, Hybrid is crashing on me, or giving me the same audio every time, and I can't figure it out, but ultimately, I just put it into an .mkv file, then took the .mkv file, and changed it into a .mp4 file, and everything works perfectly, so I will just do that method, as I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, or what setting might be changed.  Sorry to take up a lot of your time, but thank you so much Cu Selur for all your help, and also for making this great program, and distributing it for free!

https://media.giphy.com/media/vCKC987OpQAco/giphy.mp4
One last question for now, it appears when I add subtitles (.srt file) and make an .mkv, the output file shows a .srt file when played, but when using the same file and converting to .mp4, it seems to convert it to .ttxt (Mov_text) I think.  Is it possible in Hybrid, to have an .mp4 output file, and the .srt subtitles in the stream?  It is causing things like the <i> / </i> not being recognized as italics.  If so, how specifically do I set that up in Hybrid, and why is it doing it?  See screenshots for examples.  The First one shows the .mp4, and displaying incorrectly, but shows as using MOV_TEXT.  The second one shows the MKV, using the same exact subtitle file, but showing correctly, and being listed as the .srt file.  Please help me understand what to do to fix this, if it is possible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And here is one of the restrictions of mp4:
It does not support .srt, .ass and .pgs subtitles.
It does only support ttxt and idx/sub. And support die those two is also rather sparse in players.
So to keep content compatible Hybrid converts srt to ttxt (removing formating iirc).
As aside note: the inital srt specification also does not support HTML styling tags.
If you want styled subtitles with mp4 you can:
a. embed/hardcode the subtitles
b. convert the subtitles to idx/sub
c. place the subtitles next to the file in a separate File.

Cu Selur
(06.08.2018, 16:24)Selur Wrote: And here is one of the restrictions of mp4:
It does not support .srt, .ass and .pgs subtitles.
It does only support ttxt and idx/sub. And support die those two is also rather sparse in players.
So to keep content compatible Hybrid converts srt to ttxt (removing formating iirc).
As aside note: the inital srt specification also does not support HTML styling tags.
If you want styled subtitles with mp4 you can:
a. embed/hardcode the subtitles
b. convert the subtitles to idx/sub
c. place the subtitles next to the file in a separate File.

Cu Selur

Hmm, weird, so every other program I've used, like mymp4box gui, handbrake, DVDFAB, Box 4, etc. all just silently converted the .srt files, and they all worked with things like italics in the .mp4 format, but Hybrid does not work to change and embed them in the same way?  I chose .srt files BECAUSE they are text based, and not image based ones, but I didn't realize they were not actually supported by the .mp4 container.  What is weird, and I guess why I never noticed it before, is the other videos I had added an .srt file into, played italics and such just fine, so it was surprising when this one didn't.  I suppose I can convert all of my collection to .mkv, but with Hybrid, it shouldn't be too hard.  The last question, is does Hybrid support Batch processing, where I can load a bunch of movies into it, and convert them from .mp4 to .mkv?  How do I do that, as every time I click on the Open File button if there is a source already loaded, it crashes Hybrid?

Thanks for the help and understanding, sorry if I've appeared grumpy, I've just been frustrated with strep throat, and sleep deprivation.
Yes, mp4 does not support srt.
ttxt does support italic and some other simple effect, see: https://gpac.wp.imt.fr/mp4box/ttxt-forma...mentation/
Hybrid dos simply remove all html tags since most players I encountered to not support them and instead of showing bold content as:
content they would show
<b>content</b>

Quote:How do I do that, as every time I click on the Open File button if there is a source already loaded, it crashes Hybrid?
What? That should not happen.
Would need a debug output level 9 to know whats happening there.

Quote:The last question, is does Hybrid support Batch processing, where I can load a bunch of movies into it, and convert them from .mp4 to .mkv?
You could:
a. drag and drop multiple files or a folder into Hybrid
b. you could simply open multiple files through the file dialog by simply selecting them all

Cu Selur