This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Loading a new file does not scan audio on the new file?
Will look into it. Hybrid should not delete extracted subtitles by default. It should only delete generated subtitles (i.e. when converting srt to ttxt) or when it's told to delete the extracted subtitles.

Cu Selur
Looked at the code and can't find an instance where this should happen.
-> if you find a way to reproduce where Hybrid deletes subtitles that were extracted that shouldn't be delete please let me know how to reproduce the issue

Cu Selur
OK, I've noticed it intermittently, so I will let you know when it happens again.
OK, I did a movie today, and after it was finished, two of my subtitle tracks I worked hard on making are gone, not even in the recycle bin.  I have the debug log attached, hopefully you can fix this issue, because it is really annoying to lose a couple of days worth of work when I run a file through Hybrid.  I have some of the subtitles stored locally, and even though Hybrid did embed them into the .mkv output, it deleted 2 of them, and kept 1 in the original folder location.  It is quite irritating, not knowing whether or not the subtitles (.srt files) will still be there after Hybrid is done.

Thanks
Looking through the debug output I see three subtitle files for "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011).mp4":
  • G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011).en.srt
  • "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011) Commentary 1.en.srt"
  • "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011) Commentary 2.en.srt"
which get added to the output mkv, but there are no 'cleanUp'-jobs and I see no info inside the debug output that they got deleted by Hybrid.
So unless mkvmerge deletes them when calling (which it should not):
"D:\Programs\Hybrid\64bit\mkvmerge.exe" --ui-language en -o "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011).mkv" --global-tags "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\The Smurfs (2011)_19_43_00_5810__06.xml" --default-track 0:yes --track-name 0:"The Smurfs (2011)" --language 0:en --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps --aspect-ratio-factor 0:1 --chapter-charset UTF-8 --chapters "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\19_43_00_5810__07.chp" --compression -1:none --forced-track 0:yes --no-audio --no-subtitles --timecodes 0:"C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\timecodeV2_19_43_00_5810.tc" "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\The Smurfs (2011)_19_43_00_5810_05.mp4" --track-name 0:"5.1 Channels" --language 0:en --default-track 0:yes --forced-track 0:no -a 0 --compression -1:none --no-video --no-subtitles --no-chapters "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_lang_en_19_43_00_5810_01.aac" --track-name 0:"Commentary 1" --language 0:en --default-track 0:no --forced-track 0:no -a 0 --compression -1:none --no-video --no-subtitles --no-chapters "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_2_aid_1_lang_en_19_43_00_5810_02.ac3" --track-name 0:"Commentary 2" --language 0:en --default-track 0:no --forced-track 0:no -a 0 --compression -1:none --no-video --no-subtitles --no-chapters "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_3_aid_2_lang_en_19_43_00_5810_03.ac3" --forced-track 0:no --default-track 0:yes --compression -1:none --no-video --no-audio --no-chapters --track-name 0:"Movie Subtitles" --language 0:en "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011).en.srt" --forced-track 0:no --default-track 0:yes --compression -1:none --no-video --no-audio --no-chapters --track-name 0:"Commentary 1 Subtitles" --language 0:en "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011) Commentary 1.en.srt" --forced-track 0:no --default-track 0:yes --compression -1:none --no-video --no-audio --no-chapters --track-name 0:"Commentary 2 Subtitles" --language 0:en "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011) Commentary 2.en.srt"
it atm. doesn't look like Hybrid is deleting them.
-> No clue where your files are. According to the debug output they should still be at:
  • "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011) Commentary 1.en.srt"
  • "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011) Commentary 2.en.srt"

As a side note: since they were .srt file neither Hybrid nor mkvmerge should have modified them, so you could extract them from the mkv (and rename them) if you need them.

Cu Selur
(21.08.2018, 05:37)Selur Wrote: Looking through the debug output I see three subtitle files for "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011).mp4":
which get added to the output mkv, but there are no 'cleanUp'-jobs and I see no info inside the debug output that they got deleted by Hybrid.
So unless mkvmerge deletes them when calling (which it should not):
"D:\Programs\Hybrid\64bit\mkvmerge.exe" --ui-language en -o "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011).mkv" --global-tags "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\The Smurfs (2011)_19_43_00_5810__06.xml" --default-track 0:yes --track-name 0:"The Smurfs (2011)" --language 0:en --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps --aspect-ratio-factor 0:1 --chapter-charset UTF-8 --chapters "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\19_43_00_5810__07.chp" --compression -1:none --forced-track 0:yes --no-audio --no-subtitles --timecodes 0:"C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\timecodeV2_19_43_00_5810.tc" "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\The Smurfs (2011)_19_43_00_5810_05.mp4" --track-name 0:"5.1 Channels" --language 0:en --default-track 0:yes --forced-track 0:no -a 0 --compression -1:none --no-video --no-subtitles --no-chapters "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_lang_en_19_43_00_5810_01.aac" --track-name 0:"Commentary 1" --language 0:en --default-track 0:no --forced-track 0:no -a 0 --compression -1:none --no-video --no-subtitles --no-chapters "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_2_aid_1_lang_en_19_43_00_5810_02.ac3" --track-name 0:"Commentary 2" --language 0:en --default-track 0:no --forced-track 0:no -a 0 --compression -1:none --no-video --no-subtitles --no-chapters "C:\Users\mapsk\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_3_aid_2_lang_en_19_43_00_5810_03.ac3" --forced-track 0:no --default-track 0:yes --compression -1:none --no-video --no-audio --no-chapters --track-name 0:"Movie Subtitles" --language 0:en "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011).en.srt" --forced-track 0:no --default-track 0:yes --compression -1:none --no-video --no-audio --no-chapters --track-name 0:"Commentary 1 Subtitles" --language 0:en "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011) Commentary 1.en.srt" --forced-track 0:no --default-track 0:yes --compression -1:none --no-video --no-audio --no-chapters --track-name 0:"Commentary 2 Subtitles" --language 0:en "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\The Smurfs (2011)\The Smurfs (2011) Commentary 2.en.srt"
it atm. doesn't look like Hybrid is deleting them.
-> No clue where your files are. According to the debug output they should still be at:

As a side note: since they were .srt file neither Hybrid nor mkvmerge should have modified them, so you could extract them from the mkv (and rename them) if you need them.

Cu Selur

Weird, they definitely were not in the folder I had saved them in, as obviously I loaded all three from the same location.  It is weird that the movie subtitle one was still there, but the two commentary ones were gone.  Thanks for the reminder about the option to extract them from the .mkv, I had spaced that out.  With that option, all I need to do is rename them.  An extra step, but not a big deal, compared to recreating them.  ;-)  I only recall this happening recently, and had never seen it until my recent post.  Would a higher level log help, even though it seems it might not be from Hybrid?  Is it possible it is from one of the development versions you sent me, that I'm currently using?  Any other ideas why the two might get deleted, but not the other?  Maybe something weird like spaces in the title?  I don't know, just a thought.
Not sure if it helps or not, but I did another movie, Toy Story 3, also with a commentary subtitle track.  I'm really not sure how it could possibly be related, maybe coincidental, maybe there is actually something causing it, but the commentary subtitles got deleted again.  Nothing else got deleted, no external audio tracks, no chapter file, nothing, except the commentary audio track.  Unfortunately, I have deleted other temp. files, and do not have a log, but just wanted to mention it.
The _cleanUp jobs should show every audio-, video-, chapter-, subtitle-file that get deleted.
That nothing gets deleted should only happen when 'keep intermediate' is enabled or a job crashed.

Cu Selur
Can't reproduce the issue with the deleted subtitle tracks here at all.
-> no clue what is happening on your system

Cu Selur