This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] "No graphic card detected!" with GTX 780, no CUDA
Version: Windows 64-bit, 2017.05.06.1; Nvidia driver is updated.

"No graphic card detected!" dialog pops up on startup; NVEnc doesn't show up in Video Handling menu.

Step-by-step guide: have Nvidia GTX 780 and open Hybrid.

Debug output attached.
Okay, that is a new one.
On Windows Hybrid checks all entries of the Windows Registry under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Video" for 'Device Description' and only reports "No graphic card detected!" when it can't find any such entry.
-> Does your Windows Registry contain any such entries? Are you running some anti-virus software or similar that is hindering Hybrid from reading those entries?
(Side note: Don't run Hybrid with Administrator rights! Reading the registry should not require additional rights.)

Cu Selur
Here's what's under that Video key:

[Image: 4b9mTUf.png]

Of note, the second Video key (highlighted) has a value named DeviceDesc with the data:
@oem66.inf,%nvidia_dev.1004%;NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

There are no values directly under HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video.

I'm running Windows Insider build 16241, if that helps.
Hybrid searches all keys under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Video" for 'Device Description'. Smile

Cu Selur

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

no such key exists on my computer anywhere under the video path.

no idea why not, but there are a number of other keys that seem to contain similar info. checking for others might help; I suspect that other people have this issue, as I haven't done anything special or out of the ordinary, but perhaps they just don't use NVenc.

I just installed hybrid 2017.5.6.1 on my laptop, which has Intel integrated graphics, and it's having the exact same issue. I know Quicksync encode and decode works with other software.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you install the official drivers from NVIDIA/Intel (not just the drivers that come with Windows) ?
Yes, in both cases. Given that both computers are running the same Windows Insider fast ring build, I suspect it's an issue with that; if this is the case, it will affect all users once the next major Windows update is released.
Once that is the case I will look into it, seems strange since normally the drivers write those settings not Windows itself.
Heyo, 

For whatever it's worth I have the same issue. 
  • Windows Build 16257
  • NVIDIA GTX 1080, Driver 384.94
Installed from NVIDIA (Not MS)

I looked at those keys and found several with DeviceDesc, but none with DeviceDescription (or were you just generalizing?)

If it helps I'm happy to export my Reg entries
No, I'm not generalizing. Hybrid looks for 'Device Description' entries below 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video'.

An export of the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video' might be worth a look.

Cu Selur