This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

4K transcoding problem with NVENC (outdated false limitation in Hybrid)
(07.09.2018, 22:28)Selur Wrote: -> after feedback from rigaya I'll remove the MB check

There are only software limitations for 8K videos, until Nvidia did not change the driver:

Read these Nvidia document, especially page 5 and page 6. about 8K....

A Quote:
"HEVC 8K Encoding support Select Pascal generation GPUs can encode 8192x8192 resolution videos. "

https://developer.download.nvidia.com/de...NdPQs7CsX8

Are there a settings in NVENC about the "HEVC Motion Estimation (ME) only Mode" and "HEVC Sample adaptive Offset(SAO)" and "Asynchronous ME only Mode (H.264 & HEVC)"  which were represented in the official document? Where can I found them? How can I activate them?
I never doubted that NVEnc supports 8k, so no clue why you keep mentioning it.

Quote:Are there a settings in NVENC about the "HEVC Motion Estimation (ME) only Mode" and "HEVC Sample adaptive Offset(SAO)" and "Asynchronous ME only Mode (H.264 & HEVC)" which were represented in the official document? Where can I found them? How can I activate them?
call:
NVEncC --help
and you get a list of all the option NVEncC offers.

Cu Selur
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
(07.09.2018, 23:15)Selur Wrote: I never doubted that NVEnc supports 8k, so no clue why you keep mentioning it.

Quote:Are there a settings in NVENC about the "HEVC Motion Estimation (ME) only Mode" and "HEVC Sample adaptive Offset(SAO)" and "Asynchronous ME only Mode (H.264 & HEVC)"  which were represented in the official document? Where can I found them? How can I activate them?
call:
NVEncC --help
and you get a list of all the option NVEncC offers.

Cu Selur

Hello Selur!

Did the guys at Rigaya removed their 4K@60fps limit?

Can you send me a dev version of Hybrid, where this problem was solved? Thank You!

When will the next official version appear? Because August was a long time ago.....

Bye!
Got some system problems which I hope to have finally fixed on Thursday or Friday, so a new release is planned to this weekend assuming no unforseen stuff happens,..
(01.10.2018, 17:54)Selur Wrote: Got some system problems which I hope to have finally fixed on Thursday or Friday, so a new release is planned to this weekend assuming no unforseen stuff happens,..

Okay!

What about the 4K@60 problem ? Did the Rigaya developers solve it? What do you know?
See https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/issues/71, the confirmed that the checked output values were wrong and removed them.

Cu Selur
(01.10.2018, 17:59)Selur Wrote: See https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/issues/71, the confirmed that the checked output values were wrong and removed them.

Cu Selur

4K60p has such an importance, that you must write it to the version history of Hybrid.. When will the stable version appear?
Quote:When will the stable version appear?
Once I fixed the currently known bugs, media-autobuild_suite runs through building the new tools (crashed yesterday, five times) and I find time to get to my parents to build a mac build on the mac of my mum.

Cu Selur
(06.10.2018, 08:47)Selur Wrote:
Quote:When will the stable version appear?
Once I fixed the currently known bugs, media-autobuild_suite runs through building the new tools (crashed yesterday, five times) and I find time to get to my parents to build a mac build on the mac of my mum.

Cu Selur

Hello!
Can you send me a working DEV version, which have not such "false error message" about the "admin rights ". I couldn't install the previous DEV on my PC on My laptops because of the "false error" message about admin rights.

Thank you!
Next release will have an option to disable this, but in case Hybrid or any of the tools that comes with it ever does anything it should not, don't complain to me.
There is no dev version without this, I got a dev version which already supports the overwrite 'runAsAdmin' option in it's misc.ini, but that's it.

Also I don't think this is a 'false error'.

Cu Selur