This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] NVEnc x.265 crash
hello
  • What Hybrid version did you use?(Windows/Mac/Linux 32/64bit + versions number)
Hybrid 2018.08.05.1 on W7 64b
  • What did happen? If an error message came up what did it exactly say?
trying to encode with NVEnc in x.265 a x.264 movie, I had 1st :
- a progress bar
- then nothing during 1 mn
- then a lot of "infos" little windows like this & then hybrid crashes ; no hybrid mssg error, just a W7 one
  • What did you do to get to the bug? (best thing is a detailed step-by-step guide so that I can reproduce the problem)
- select the movie
- choose NVEnc, then x.265
- add all subtitles
- star encoding
  • Debug output would be helpful:
    1. start Hybrid
    2. set an default output path: Config->Paths->Default output path
         (This is where the debug output will be created unless you specify an output file inside another path.
         If an old HybridOutput.txt already exists in that folder delete it.)
    3. enable Debug output: Config->Internals->Create debug file (unless told to, do not change the debug level)
    4. do everything you did to create you problem
    5. compress (zip/7z/rar/..) the HybridDebugOutput.txt before you post it
      you can find it here
  • a small sample, which allows the reprocudtion of the problem would be nice
it'd be at least 60MB big - still want it ?...

NOTA : thinking maybe of a problem of length, I made 3 tests & there are 3 debug.txt :
- 1 for a cartoon which is ~7mn long : no crash but we can't see the end of the cartoon
- 1 for the movie
- 1 for an extract of the movie (1 mn) : no crash & the result is ok

regardsPlease, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Quote:choose NVEnc, then x.265
That doesn't make any sense. x265 is an encoder which supports H.265 encoding. I suppose you meant 'h.265'.

Quote:Hybrid 2018.08.05.1 on W7 64b
Why not the dev version I send you a link to?

Cu Selur
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
Hi,

1/I agree, I don't succeed in understanding the differences between them Sad 
I  was trying to say that after choosing NVEnc, I went to the "NVEnc" tab & had to choose the codec "h265"

2/ i didn't see the link, sorry ; i have to find it in your previous mssgs...
I'll keep you aware of my tests

regards

EDIT : I looked in "CUDA proc" & "Resize doesn't seem to be working" threads but I don't find the link Angry ; are you sure you sent it to me ? Huh
I send you another PM a few minutes ago, which also includes the link.

Cu Selur
hi

it's downloading, I didn't see at first you sent a PM (so i changed my PM settings in my profile), thank you for telling me !
but is there a way to receive a mail when i receive an answer on a thread/post I created ? isn't it by default ?

regards
Quote:but is there a way to receive a mail when i receive an answer on a thread/post I created ? isn't it by default ?
Selur's Little Message Board › User Control Panel > Edit Options allows you to set those options under 'Messaging and Notification'.
Don't think those are on by default since if folks want to get Emails there should have to actively enable it.

Also when you create a thread there are are the 'Thread Subscription' options and you can always un-/subscribe to a thread through the options in the left lower corner,...

Cu Selur
Thank you !
i'll know for the future...
(I thought that when creating a post, you automatically subscribed to it...)

test : it is encoding ; everything's ok so far
i'll tell you the result !

regards

EDIT : it works !!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 
(and it's ~10x faster !!!)
Thank you very much ! I'll keep this version for the moment... Rolleyes

Q : this dev version "erased" the previous one (it's in the same folder ?) ?