This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Incorporate fmbc in Hybrid
fmbc - Command line tool
Working lately with a lot of files which require use of professional software I found need to encode and transcode to/from professional containers and codecs.
One tool cought my attention, I tried as a command line and results were outstanding.
I believe it will be of great use as a part of Hybrid, if Selur will not find problematic or incompatible.
Futures:
  • Import your files in Final Cut Pro, AVID Media Composer, Adobe Premiere
  • Create XDCAM HD422 files in .mov or .mxf
  • Create XDCAM IMX/D-10 files in .mov or .mxf
  • Create AVID DNxHD files in .mov
  • Create DVCPROHD files in .mov or .mxf
  • Create ProRes 422 or 4444 files in .mov
  • Convert V210 Files
  • Convert HD YUV BT709 to SD BT601 and vice versa
  • Convert AVCIntra 50 and 100
  • Convert MPEG-TS files with SMPTE 302M audio
  • Convert AVCHD files correctly
  • Convert ProRes 422 and 4444 files
  • Rewrap IMX/D-10, AVCHD, DVCPROHD, MTS, M2TS to Quicktime for editing in Final Cut Pro
  • Burn ASS or SRT subtitles files in videos
  • Merge and split your audio tracks
  • Create Quicktime files containing time code tracks
  • Color conversion from HD to SD
  • Read timecode tracks from MXF, Quicktime
  • Creating audio files (mp3 and m4a) with cover art
  • Keep or add covert art when converting your audio files
  • Faststart MP4 for streaming (replace header in front) automatically
Hybrid is already comes with and uses ffmbc by default to multiplexing to mov,....
With a quick glance:
  • Import your files in Final Cut Pro, AVID Media Composer, Adobe Premiere => Has nothing to do with Hybrid
  • Create XDCAM HD422 files in .mov or .mxf => need details encoding specific details (options, restrictions,..); won't support mxf reation
  • Create XDCAM IMX/D-10 files in .mov or .mxf => need details encoding specific details (options, restrictions,..); won't support mxf reation
  • Create AVID DNxHD files in .mov => already supported
  • Create DVCPROHD files in .mov or .mxf => need details encoding specific details (options, restrictions,..); won't support mxf reation
  • Create ProRes 422 or 4444 files in .mov => already supported
  • Convert V210 Files => no clue, got no such files, so I never tried
  • Convert HD YUV BT709 to SD BT601 and vice versa => already supported
  • Convert AVCIntra 50 and 100 => need details encoding specific details (options, restrictions,..); iirc this might be possible with x264
  • Convert MPEG-TS files with SMPTE 302M audio => got no such files, so I never tried
  • Convert AVCHD files correctly => should work (no clue how to identify if Hybrid does it correctly)
  • Convert ProRes 422 and 4444 files => already supported
  • Rewrap IMX/D-10, AVCHD, DVCPROHD, MTS, M2TS to Quicktime for editing in Final Cut Pro => to vague
  • Burn ASS or SRT subtitles files in videos => already supported
  • Merge and split your audio tracks => Hybrid is no NLE, not happening
  • Create Quicktime files containing time code tracks => got any command lines? No clue how to check.
  • Color conversion from HD to SD => already supported
  • Read timecode tracks from MXF, Quicktime => no clue, got no such files, so I never tried
  • Creating audio files (mp3 and m4a) with cover art => should work for mp4/mpa files, not supported for mp3 files, better use an ID3 tagger for that
  • Keep or add covert art when converting your audio files => should already work for mp4/mkv files
  • Faststart MP4 for streaming (replace header in front) automatically => already supported
Hybrid does also support most of the features ffmbc offers, so I'm unsure what you miss in Hybrid.
Be more precise in what you think Hybrid is missing and is you really tried all those features, give me details about what them.
I'm willing to add features to Hybrid, but I'm not willing to spend the next X month of my free time researching how to do all things that might be possible and then spend another X month implementing those options.
-> Just quoting the features of a command line tool doesn't really say much.

Cu Selur

Ps.: also the tool is named ffmbc, since it's based on ffmpeg Wink (and the bc stands for broadcast)
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---