This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

After Effects and Hybrid
Hi, 

Apologies in advance if this is a silly question but I'm new to this and trying to help our developers out. Hopefully it's an easy answer.

We are using Hybrid to create large h.264 files (5270 x 2160px) and in testing these seem to work much better on our hardware than h.265.

We are creating proprietary content (animations) in After Effects but what is the best way to get the content from After Effects to Hybrid?

If I understand correctly, we can't pass after effects files directly into Hybrid so it seems we have to encode into something (at 5270 x 2160) which can then be used as the Base in Hybrid to create the final h.264. I don't want to lose any quality in this extra process so perhaps someone can explain the best way to do this?

One way I can think of is After Effects > Quicktime > Hybrid > h.264 but is there a better way?

Thank you

M
I would recommend to look for a fast and lossless intermediate formate that can be output by After Effects and can be understood by livab/ffmpeg.
I do not mean visually lossless, I mean lossless.
So unless After Effects supports exporting to lossless H.264, I wouldn't recommend to use H.264.
(Lossless shouldn't have to mean raw video.)

Cu Selur

Ps.: I never used After Effects. Smile