This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] chapters & cut
Hi,

I did :
- insert 3 chapters in a 25mn long H264 video file
- put audio/video to 'passthrough'
- create & start a job to have a new file with 3 chapters
- load this file
- audio passthrough
- video : NVEnc / H265 / variable bitrate (HQ)
- check 'use chapter names'
- no suffix
- crop + filter 'overwrite input scan type to : telecine'
- created 3 jobs to the job queue
- started the job queue

--> it created 3 times the same file '..._Chapter X.mkv' which are 25mn long, with a part of the 1st chapter video running continuously

the log is here : https://we.tl/t-3LemB5v6YM

regardsPlease, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Will look into it assuming the debug output was properly created and contains the job creation and processing.
Seems to be a bug in Hybrid.
Will look into it, but this will probably take me quite a while.
ok , I'll wait, I know you must have a lot of things to see...

regards
I think I got the main issue fixed, but I noticed, that this probably will create async output since NVEncC doesn't allow enforcing key frames at specific frame numbers so in case the chapter point isn't on a key frame output will be async.
(added a feature request to the bug tracker of NVEncC, see: https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/issues/73)
-> will send you a dev version for testing, if the output is async try x265 instead of NVEnc

Cu Selur
Hi,

just to be sure :
- you sent me via PM a dev version to tests the naming issue correction
- you WILL send (& have not yet) me an other dev version to test the chapter issue correction
?

regards
The naming issue should fix the chapter issue as far as it is fixable.