This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] audio passthrough not working ?...
Hi,

I had a strange issue tonight :
Now that I found the right method, I followed it :
Step 1.
- load a H264 file containing X cartoons
- add X chapters with the names of the cartoons, beginning at 00:00
- set audio to "passthrough all" (there's only 1 track) & video to 'NVEnc / h265 / variable bitrate (HQ) / bitrate = 1000'
- enable Base->Generate
(- crop if needed)
(- set PAR if needed)
- Config->Output->Filename Generation->Output Filename Generation->Suffix : set a suffix to the file name

...but the encoded file has a 1536 kbps PCM audio track !
Huh

(I did it twice to be sure - but in the 'log' tab, I can see "01_audio   100%   FINISHED   extracting audio as pcm/wav using ffmpeg")

the log is here

regards
What format is your source? (reported by Hybrid on the right)
If it's one of the files that you send me an example of which holds mpg and adpcm_adx in it, then this is due to the workaround I introduced to handle mediainfo and mplayer not properly reporting the details of the input.
(I can probably write a patch to not apply the workaround of passthrough,...)

Cu Selur
hi,

sorry, I realized when I was already in bed that I didn't give you the source audio format : it's mp3 128kbps
No it's an other one (now that i found the correct method, I'm using it on other files to cut)
would you like an extract ?

NOTA : I had this "bug" on 2 files (I don't remember the audio format of the 3rd one), but not the day before, and not the 1st one I chapterized & cut yesterday evening
Huh

so according to you, if I understand well, the source audio track "would be" already in PCM ?

regards
Please create a debug output level 9 of the job creation so I can see what exactly happened. Smile

Cu Selur
hi,

the log is here
good night ! Wink 

regards
Will look at it tomorrow and report back.

n8

Cu Selur
Hi,

could you have a look on the log like you said, please ?

regards
According to what I see in the log the input format wasn't mp3 but pcm, but that might also be due to a bug in MediaInfo. Sadly the debug output you posted doesn't contain data from the analysis, but only from the job creation.
-> please create a debug output level 9 of the analysis of the source or share a sample of such a source with me.

Cu Selur
hi,

the log is here
thank you for your great help !

regards
Strange, both mediainfo and mplayer report mp3 audio but for some reason Hybrid thinkg the audio as pcm.
-> this is probably caused by the hack I added to handle your mpg(pcm) audio.
I can reproduce the issue here and will send you a dev version via pm once I fixed it.

Cu Selur