This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] managing audio & subtitle from many videos
Hi,

I have 8 different videos from a series, with eglish audio track at the 2nd position & english subtitles at 3rd position, always the same for the 8 episodes.

I'd like to remove the 2 first subtitles & encode the 2nd audio track, so :
- Base :
  1. load the 8 videos (drag & drop the 8 videos all together)
  2. stream selection -> subtitle -> 3 - eng
  3. processing -> subtitle -> "+" (with "all subtitles" disable --> I understand that "all subtitles" refer to the subtitles in 1 video file, not all subtitles of all video files)
  4. processing -> audio = custom
- subtitle :
  1. check that the subtitle queue is not empty - but the line only  deals witht the 1st episode...
- audio :
  1. Set 'Audio->Base->Audio Source->Track' to '2- en'
  2. Enabled 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding'
  3. Set 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding->Encoder' to aac
  4. Added the audio setting to the audio queue by pressing 'Audio->Base->Add current' --> 2 lines have been added to the audio queue
  5. Set 'Audio->Base->Audio Source->Track' to '1- fr'
  6. Disabled 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding'
  7. Added the audio setting to the audio queue by pressing 'Audio->Base->Add current'

Results :

==> I have english subtitles only for the 1st episode
==> I have 3 tracks only for the 1 episode : aac & the 2 original ones
meaning that for the other episodes, there is no audio track & no subtitle
Huh

regards
If you load all your episodes at once and can't express what you want through the automation options in each of the tabs and the Config->Automation option you need to tell Hybrid what you want for each of the inputs.

You only made settings for the first file.

Cu Selur
Hi

I'm learning how to use Hybrid each day a little more... Rolleyes

so I did :
- config -> automation -> on load :
  1. select subtitles with language : eng
  2. select audio with language : eng
- config -> automation -> passthrough streams :
  1. all subtitles - only extract/add : eng
  2. limit audio passthrough auto add all : fr
- Base :
  1. load the 8 videos (drag & drop the 8 videos all together)
  2. processing -> video = passthrough & audio = custom
- audio -> base
  1. 'Audio Source->Track' is already set to '2- en'
  2. Enabled 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding'
  3. Set 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding->Encoder' to aac
  4. Added the audio setting to the audio queue by pressing 'Audio->Base->Add current'
--> I have 1 line in the audio queue dealing with the 1st video
--> I don't see where are automation options in this tab & in the "subtitle" tab Sad

Result :
- the 1st episode has only the aac audio track without subtitle
- the others have no audio & no subtitle

what I did in config -> automation don't seem to be corrrect Sad

regards
Quote:I have 1 line in the audio queue dealing with the 1st video
Yes, if you want to configure something for the 2nd title you need to change the source in in the Audio-tab,...

Quote: the 1st episode has only the aac audio track without subtitle
Naturally, since you didn't tell Hybrid to automatically handle the subtitles (Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Subtitle) you only told it what to do when you:
a. select all subtitles in the man and add/extract them
b. passthrough or add auto add all audio titles
-> so you configured stuff you didn't use, you might want to actually read the tool-tips Hybrid provides for options to understand what they do.

Quote: the others have no audio & no subtitle
Naturally, since you told Hybrid you'll use custom settings but only provides them for the first source.

Quote:what I did in config -> automation don't seem to be corrrect
What you thought the settings you enabled do doesn't seem to be correct, I agree.

Cu Selur
Hi,

I read the "base/processing/audio" tool-tips, it says for "auto add (first)" : "... this setting will not adjust to changes after loading the source ! So configure the audio-tab before loading your source"...
...but before loading my source, I can't define an action for my eng audio track because I can't choose the "audio/base/audio source/Track" - which is grayed
Huh

And I read :
"Note :
When using multiple input files (batch processing), only custom allows to modify the audio queue" --> that's why I used "custom" previously...

I had read the tool-tip & thought that "limit audio passthrough / auto add all : fr" would passthrough the "fr" audio track, no ???

So I don't understand what I have to do & in which order...
I just would like to configure once "video" & "audio" & "subtitle" for multiple input files, and start the job queue so Hybrid applies the same configurations for all input files...

NOTE : I chose "custom" again, looked at "audio/base/audio source/source", and saw that i can select the number of the source and then other lines appear in the audio queue & I can choose what to do...
--> it worked fine for the 2 input files I loaded !!! Shy 

--> Question : is it the only way to configure the audio tracks encoding ? We have to manually select all the input files 1 by 1 with "audio/base/audio source/source" & tell Hybrid what to do ? Can't we tell it to apply the same configuration for all the input files ?

regards
That depends on what you exactly want.
Assuming you want to only passthrough the 'fr' audio, set Base->Processing->Audio to 'auto add (all)' and restrict 'passthrough alll' to 'fr' by enabling 'Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Limit audio ...' and enabling only 'French ..'.
Assuming you want to passthrough the 'en' subtitles enable ''Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Subtitle', enable ''Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->All subtitle ...' and select only 'French ..'.
Load the sources after you set the automation settings not before,...

If you want something that you can't express this way, you need to set the settings for each source manually. If that isn't enough for you Hybrid is the wrong tool for what you want.

Cu Selur
Hi,

as I don't know what can do Hybrid (I just understood it can encode multiple input files & that is smthg I really need), I'm trying to use it as I feel it - & not always with luck, so I do mistakes

so, if i resume my objective :
- 8 episodes
- video passthrough
- 1st audio track (fr) : passthrough like you described
- 2nd audio track (eng): encode from e-ac-3 to ac3
- eng subtitles : passthrough like you described

so i did what you wrote :
  • set Base->Processing->Audio to 'auto add (all)'
  • restrict 'passthrough alll' to 'fr' by enabling 'Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Limit audio ...' and enabling only 'French'
  • enable ''Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Subtitle',
  • enable ''Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->All subtitle ...' and select only 'eng'
  • Load the sources 
then to encode the english track :
  • audio-> base-> audio source :
  1. select "source" = number of file
  2. select "track" = 2-eng
  • audio encoding options -> encode :
  1. audio format = ac3
  2. choose bitrate
  • add to audio queue with "+"
  • repeat with all the input files
then base -> add to job queue

Results : it seems to be ok ! I have to see on Kodi if it's ok...
I never said that Hybrid can't do what I'd like, I just don't know what it can do, and if Hybrid can, I surely don't know how to do it... Confused

Question : is there a way to tell Hybrid to encode the 2nd track automatically with 'automation' (or smthg else), like we did for the french track, to avoid to select each episode 1 by 1, or not ?

NOTA : when we agree of the "how-to", i'll do a tutorial (like the 1st I sent you last week Rolleyes )

regards
Quote: is there a way to tell Hybrid to encode the 2nd track automatically with 'automation' (or smthg else), like we did for the french track, to avoid to select each episode 1 by 1, or not ?
No you can't tell Hybrid to automatically passthrough the first and reencode the second audio track.
You can tell Hybrid to just reencode an audio track with a specific language, but then it won't add the other audio tracks for passthrough.

Cu Selur
Hi,

just to be sure I express myself clearly... Rolleyes
I'd like to fe :
  • passthrough one track
  • encode an other
  • and do it on multiple input files in a 'simple' method
(i think) i understood yesterday how to passthrough tracks & subtitles on multiple files (with 'automation'), but if i'd like to encode smthg (video or audio or both) in the meantime, I have to tell Hybrid to do it 1 by 1 like I did yesterday ?...

regards
Yes, Hybrid has no option to automate what you want.