This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Not considered file size, WAV to AAC the lossless way?
if i want to convert a WAV file to AAC, no consider the file size, only need the best quality, so the best lossless way is?

my solution is like this, but i don't know whether it's the best quality as possible as the original WAV. (WAV is about 500MB, after convertion below, AAC is 60.4MB)

1) import wav file

2) in Audio tab setting like this,

[Image: nuQ4XLwfMeT9RDU.jpg]

[Image: dYke2nj5QuElMKT.jpg]
Quote:if i want to convert a WAV file to AAC, no consider the file size, only need the best quality, so the best lossless way is?
a. not using ffmpeg aac, but qaac
b. using alac (<- mp4 compatible) to flac
c. if not using alac, use qaac with quality factor 100 (makes way more sense then using bit rate encoding in your scenario)

Cu Selur
when i using QAAC, it can't run. error

[Image: 2qXvPP.jpg]

[Image: 2qXz28.jpg]

[Image: 2qXx8f.jpg]
No debug output, so I'm guessing,..
Wild quess: something is wrong with your Apple support install,... qaac requires 'Apple Application Support' (64bit), Hybrid checks the registry and if the appropriate entries are there it assumes 'Apple Application Support' is properly installed.
i'm win10, not installed quicktime, but already installed quicktime encoder plugin, is it OK?

and if i don't want to install any quicktime and itunes on my windows, which AAC solution is suitable for me, thanks.
No clue what 'quicktime encoder plugin' is, but without a debug output my guess is that it doesn't work properly.
If you want to use qaac you have to figure out why it's not working on your system and fix it.
(alternatively use fhg @ vbr mode 5, nero aac @ quality factor 100, assuming one of them works on your system)
Since you do not care to share a debug output there is no way for me to help you.
-> going to bed now, which you the best of luck.

Cu Selur
debug file need setting , and need time to produce.
Call used by Hybrid is:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -threads 8 -loglevel fatal -nostdin -i "D:\A2\audio test\output\01国语.wav" -ac 2 -ar 48000 -acodec pcm_s16le -f wav - | "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\qaac.exe" --threading --tvbr 100 --adts - -o "D:\A2\audio test\output\iId_1_aid_0_2021-06-16@02_53_47_881000.aac"
and qaac aborts with:
Quote:ERROR: CoreAudioToolbox.dll: 找不到指定的模块。
so seems, like I suspected, there is a problem with the setup of qaac on your system.
Sadly Apple does not allow to bunble the 'Apple Application Support' files with other programs.

Cu Selur
so if i want to use qaac, 'Apple Application Support' 64bit is a must installation?
Yes, qaac uses the Apple encoder in the 'Apple Application Support' .
Hybrid checks if the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Apple Inc.\\Apple Application Support" exists Hybrid assumes that the 'Apple Application Support' was properly installed. If the registry key doesn't exist Hybrid looks for portable versions of the required dll exists by checking whether a qtfiles or QTfiles64-folder exists next to qaac.
My guess is that the registry key for some reason exists on your system but the 'Apple Application Support' is not or not properly installed.

Cu Selur