This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Please! Change the priority
(02.09.2022, 11:14)Selur Wrote: Intel CPUs have P- and E-Cores and even if Windows would only use the one type of core for the encoding this does not explain why processes randomly crash with memory errors. Changing the priority might change the core assignment, but it should not cause crashes on a healthy system.

then why do they work? HandBrake, Shutter Encoder and StaxRip

AV1 or X(264/265) or H(264/265)<HEVC or NVENC or QSVENC
decomb or qtgmc <avisynth or vapoursyth (+BoB)

your Hybrid stopped working correctly with a new CPU

(02.09.2022, 11:14)Selur Wrote: Intel CPUs have P- and E-Cores and even if Windows would only use the one type of core for the encoding this does not explain why processes randomly crash with memory errors. Changing the priority might change the core assignment, but it should not cause crashes on a healthy system.

this information is outdated, since the variant of win7. priority has become an important algorithm for the operation of all Windows
Quote:then why do they work? HandBrake, Shutter Encoder and StaxRip
only one that is similar to Hybrid is StaxRip the other two don't use Avisynth or Vapoursynth. Also Handbrake and ShutterEncoder use the libraries not the command line encoders.

I wrote multiple possible issues, which you did give no feedback.
You didn't even report whether using a higher priority fixes the issue for you but expect that I spend time writing code for you.

If you won't give understandable feedback don't expect me to write code.
If you are not able to prodive understandable feedback to questions, best stick with tools that work for you. Since Handbrake, Shutter Encoder and StaxRip work for you, you should be fine.

Cu Selur

Ps.: btw. one also can change the default priority that Hybrid starts processes with by setting:
[General]
niceness=XXX
in the misc.ini file (see hidden options thread)
allowed values are:
0 <> NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS
19 <> ABOVE_NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS);
49 <> HIGH_PRIORITY_CLASS
99 <> REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS
(02.09.2022, 13:26)Selur Wrote: btw. one also can change the default priority that Hybrid starts processes with by setting:
[General]
niceness=XXX
in the misc.ini file (see hidden options thread)
allowed values are:
0 <> NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS
19 <> ABOVE_NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS);
49 <> HIGH_PRIORITY_CLASS
99 <> REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS

thanks!
Hi, first of all Im really grateful for the software. 
Do you know the reason why priority drops to idle when I minimize it or sent it to taskbar? the same happens when I open a browser or other software in full window.

Is it possible to make a short sample of a material like it is in Topaz ?

Thanks for your work.
Hybrid, sends everything it starts by default to idle. With the mentioned 'niceness' setting, you can change that priority to which Hybrid starts stuff.
Hybrid, does not change the priority of processes after the start.
If the priority changes after the start, it's not done by Hybrid, but by your OS. Tongue

Windows has a setting which specifies whether the priority of foreground or background processes should be preferred.
For Windows 10, there is https://www.technipages.com/windows-10-s...round-apps
For Windows 11, see: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...d319f610fc

Quote:Is it possible to make a short sample of a material like it is in Topaz ?
No clue what Topaz can or can't do. Hybrid has experimental cut support, which can be enabled under 'Config->Internals->Cut Support *experimental*' which might be what you are looking for. (assuming you want to encode just a part of your input; filter effects can pre previewed through the Avisynth/Vapoursynth Preview)

Cu Selur
I meant a sample of video to check if the quality seems ok.
If you want to check the quality of the filtering on a section of the video, use Vapoursynth/Avisynth Preview and navigate to the section you want to look at.
If you just want to encode a section/portion/sample of the input source to see whether your compression settings are fine, use the experimental cut support.

Cu Selur
I'm sorry to bother you again but where is the experimental section?
Like I wrote before: 'Config->Internals->Cut Support *experimental*' is the option for cut support.
[Image: cup-support.png]

Cu Selur
You are the man, thanks a lot.