This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

reversing "overwrite input scan"
Hi,
Is there a way to reverse the input scan? While de-interlaceing, by accident I checked progressive on interlaced material and now it is seen as a progressive but the quality seems interlaced. 
Unfortunatelly, I have no the original material. Cheers.
If you encoded interlaced content as progressive, you hard-coded the combing artifacts, in case you resized the content vertically you even altered the combing lines.
You will probably have to sacrifice half or more of the horizontal resolution to get rid of these artifacts.

Try:
  • loading your source
  • enable "Crop/Resize->Base->Resize"
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Resize->Resizer" (and select NNEDI3)
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Lower res. before resize"
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Lower res. before resize->Only height"
  • check the Vaporusynth preview
  • increase the factor (default 2) until all combing is gone.
if that doesn't help create a small sample of your file, share it with me and I might be able to can suggest something else.

Cu Selur
I guess I have found a solution to the problem, I remembered that the material was interlaced "top field first", so I checked Overwrite to  "top field first". The quality seems fine so far.
Nice, if the content isn't resized or filtered too much, deinterlacing might help.
-> happy that worked out. Smile
Thanks. Have a nice day.