Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: rev 2019.06.09.2 - NVEnc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I upgraded to Rev 2019.06.09.2 and noticed that things have changed if NVEnc is choosen for the Video option. The H265 isn't an codec option (H264 is).
I have used NVEnc with h265 for a while now to convert H264 to H265 files. 

I am no expert on video encoding so that might have been for a good reason and I did find the H265 options under NVEnc (FFmpeg) but can someone explain why this was removed and if it going to be put back.  Also if someone can suggest a new process to shrink H264 files in H265 format and I good with that too.

Thanks for all the hard work on a great application.

Cheers,

Joel
NVEncC H.265 support wasn't removed.

What is the output of:
Code:
NVEncC --check-features
on your system?
Whether Hybrid allows the usage of H.265 with NVEnc should depend on the output of the above call. (You can trigger Hybrid to re-check that call by clearing the tools infos.)

Cu Selur
(22.06.2019, 00:44)You mean at the command line or within Hybrid itself?I cleared the cache for the tools and then generated thisThis is happening on one system that I upgraded from the previous version of Hybrid and one where I did a clean install of it.Thanks for the quick response.JoelSelur Wrote: [ -> ]NVEncC H.265 support wasn't removed.

What is the output of:
Code:
NVEncC --check-features
on your system?
Whether Hybrid allows the usage of H.265 with NVEnc should depend on the output of the above call. (You can trigger Hybrid to re-check that call by clearing the tools infos.)

Cu Selur
In a command line in the folder where NVEncC lies.
(23.06.2019, 07:55)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]In a command line in the folder where NVEncC lies.

OK, I understand.

I will change the graphic card to p-series and test it.

Thanks!
(23.06.2019, 07:55)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]In a command line in the folder where NVEncC lies.

Sorry for the massive delay.

Seems NVEnc Encoding can't see my GPU

I re-installed my Graphics card driver and re-ran the check. Listed a big list of supported features.
Cleared the cache in Hybrid (as per Selmur above) and I am back in business.

Maybe a bad version of the NVIDIA Driver.

Hope that might help someone else.

Cheers
Hello,

had the same problem, re-installed the Nvidia driver, had to clear all cached tools infos afetrwards, and H265 is back !!!
Big Grin

regards