Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: thumbnail & icon problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Selur!

When I use NVENCC type of HEVC in Hybrid, I don't get thumbnail icon for the most type of video files, which is usually created from the video content. When I use NVENC FFMPEG with the same settings, there are no such problems.

I tested Staxrip which uses NVENCC, but it has no such problem with similar settings. 

What do you think, is this a problem of Hybrid or Rigaya's problem?

See the phenomenon on this photo, I compared the Hybrid's Nvencc video icons and the Hybrid's FFMPEG version, and the Staxrip NVENCC. The icons which don't show anything are from Hybrid's NVENCC.

[Image: image.png]

Best regards!

Alexander
By default Hybrid uses Mp4Box for muxing and support settings a cover art.
Can't really say more since you didn't even care to share the container you used.
I doubt this is related to NVEncC or Hybrid, my guess is that the parser used by Windows has a problem with one of the settings you used.

Cu Selur
(08.07.2019, 17:45)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]By default Hybrid uses Mp4Box for muxing and support settings a cover art.
Can't really say more since you didn't even care to share the container you used.
I doubt this is related to NVEncC or Hybrid, my guess is that the parser used by Windows has a problem with one of the settings you used.

Cu Selur

Hello Selur!
I use MP4 and MKV containers always. But using mkv or mp4 containers with Hybrid's NVENCC seems indifferent regarding to the icon problems. However Hybrid FFMPEG NVENC has no such problem with the same encoding settings. Staxrip has no icon problems, despite it uses Rigaya NVENCC with the same encoding settings.
That sadly says nothing about the used calls and thus I can't really help.
- you might be using different bit precision or different profile/level/tier settings.
- different muxers might be used
- Hybrid and StaxRip might use different parameters during muxing

Cu Selur
(08.07.2019, 21:10)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]That sadly says nothing about the used calls and thus I can't really help.
- you might be using different bit precision or different profile/level/tier settings.
- different muxers might be used
- Hybrid and StaxRip might use different parameters during muxing

Cu Selur

Hi Selur!

My encoder settings in Hybrid NVENCC:, all other settings in Hybrid are default / "factory" settings.

[Image: image.png]

NVEnc --avhw native -i -INPUT- --fps 25.000 --codec h265 --profile main10 --level auto --tier high --sar 1:1 --lookahead 32 --output-depth 10 --vbrhq 2500 --max-bitrate 240000 --aq --aq-temporal --gop-len 600 --ref 7 --nonrefp --bframes 4 --bref-mode disabled --mv-precision Q-pel --cu-max 32 --cu-min 8 --preset quality --colormatrix undef --vpp-resize default --output-res 0x0 --vpp-gauss disabled --cuda-schedule auto --keyfile GENERATED_KEY_FILE --output OUTPUTFILE
1st guess: high tier is rather unsual and might not be supported by the windows decoder.
Also this doesn't say anything about the used muxing calls and the calls that were used in StaxRip which you used and said that it doesn't have the problem.

Cu Selur
(09.07.2019, 17:12)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]1st guess: high tier is rather unsual and might not be supported by the windows decoder.
Also this doesn't say anything about the used muxing calls and the calls that were used in StaxRip which you used and said that it doesn't have the problem.

Cu Selur

Hi! 

I don't think that the tier high or tier main have any effect on the icons,because I made a test with Hybrid FFMPEG NVENC, and it had not icon problems with tier high or tier main settings, maybe it is an NVENCC problem? So I had to write letter for Rigaya.
As a side note: I only get thumbnails for H.264, but not HEVC mp4 files here, independent whether I use 'ffmpeg (NVEnc)' or 'NVEncC' as encoder.
That said iirc Icaros (https://www.videohelp.com/software/Icaros) could be used to add those thumbnails, but since you mentioned that it works for you with 'ffmpeg (NVEnc)' and HEVC (or in general with StaxRip, which also uses NVEncC iirc.) you might already have some additional Explorer extension supports HEVC.

Cu Selur
(10.07.2019, 19:20)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]As a side note: I only get thumbnails for H.264, but not HEVC mp4 files here, independent whether I use 'ffmpeg (NVEnc)' or 'NVEncC' as encoder.
That said iirc Icaros (https://www.videohelp.com/software/Icaros) could be used to add those thumbnails, but since you mentioned that it works for you with 'ffmpeg (NVEnc)' and HEVC  (or in general with StaxRip, which also uses NVEncC iirc.) you might already have some additional Explorer extension supports HEVC.

Cu Selur

Yes I installed the most popular software called as Icaros, and I can see HEVC file icons correctly, when I use FFMPEG NVENC in Hybrid. So the problem is the  NVENCC
Have you tried whether there is a change if ffmpeg is used instead of MP4Box when creating mp4 files?

Cu Selur
Pages: 1 2