Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: due to: ERROR: ...... .265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hybrid Version: 2020.01.11.1

I've installed Hybrid for the first time yesterday and encoded the same file video file without messing around settings. Today I've adjusted some x265 setting and failed to encode the same video. I am trying to encode x264 to x265

Code:
-> should be there after processing: C:\Users\mhasan\AppData\Local\Temp\20_19_03_1810_02.265
starting 20_19_03_1810_02_video@20:19:03.352 - D:\EROSNOW\demo.mp4
finished after 00:00:00.253
-> 20_19_03_1810_02_video crashed: ERROR: C:\Users\mhasan\AppData\Local\Temp\20_19_03_1810_02.265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
Aborting '20_19_03_1810_02_video' due to: ERROR: C:\Users\mhasan\AppData\Local\Temp\20_19_03_1810_02.265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)

Please see the attached zip file for details debug and report files.

Would appreciate if you can explain the issue. Thank you in advance.
It's a bug in the decoding call.
Fixed it locally a few days ago will release a new version tomorrow.

Cu Selur
(15.02.2020, 18:56)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bug in the decoding call.
Fixed it locally a few days ago will release a new version tomorrow.

Cu Selur

Thanks a lot for your response. I must say. It's a awesome software.

Cleanplate

I'm on 2020.02.19.1 still getting the same error. Works fine with Vapoursynth though.
Assuming you did recreate the job and the problem still persits: post another debug output of the job creation.
The last issue was that the ffmpeg decoding call was missing '-vf ' which should be fixed,...

Cu Selur

Cleanplate

(22.02.2020, 21:03)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you did recreate the job and the problem still persits: post another debug output of the job creation.
The last issue was that the ffmpeg decoding call was missing '-vf ' which should be fixed,...

Cu Selur
Hmm... Strangely, after using Vapoursynth everything works fine again with Avisynth. o_o I think this problem acquired when I used wierdly named file as an input (like wtih "." "[]", etc), I heard it could cause problems with Avisynth. But after that I recieved the same error even with regular-named files (after recreating jobs, yes and even reinstalling Hybrid). But then I tried to render with Vapoursynth and it went ok, and after that I am able to use Avisynth again...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hi guys, I do have the same/similar problem. It appears when I add some of the deinterlace filters. Without any deinterlace filter it encodes fine. With any deinterlace filter (in dropdown list) down to (and excluding) the FFMpeg Deinterlacer it encodes fine. But with any deinterlace filter down from (and including) the FFMpeg Deinterlacer it fails because of "... is too small!".

Debug is attached. QTGMC (Vapoursynth) filter used here.

Thanks for checking!
At a first glance the Vapoursynth script looks fine:
Code:
# Imports
import os
import sys
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = '/opt/hybrid/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# Loading source using FFMS2
clip = core.ffms2.Source(source="/home/jirka/VIDEO/capture001_type2_shrink.avi",cachefile="/tmp/23_47_10_0210.ffindex",format=vs.YUV420P8,alpha=False)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 470bg
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="470bg",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# setting field order to what QTGMC should assume
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", TFF=True)
# make sure content is preceived as frame based
clip = core.std.SetFieldBased(clip, 0)
clip = clip[::2]
# Output
clip.set_output()

Does the Vapoursynth Preview show any errors or work properly?

Cu Selur
Hi Selur. Clicking the Vapoursynth preview button does (visually) nothing. See attached debugs, one at level 4, other at 9.

Thank you for your support.
vsViewer call seems to be fine:
Code:
/opt/hybrid/vsViewer" --env "LD_LIBRARY_PATH;/home/jirka/opt/vapoursynth/lib?#?PYTHONPATH;/home/jirka/opt/vapoursynth/lib/python3/site-packages" --preview-only "/tmp/tempPreviewVapoursynthFile08_47_52_959.vpy" --aspect 1 --matrix Rec601 --listen 7163_VPY_ --listen-to HYBRID --crop off#0#0#0#0
Assuming Vapoursynth is installed under /home/jirka/opt/vapoursynth.

Read this thread.
In that thread I posted a link to a deployable vapoursynth install that might help,..

Cu Selur
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6