Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Disable deinterlace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I would like to know if there's no way to disable the deinterlacer. Before there was the possibility to select ''none'', but I can no longer see it in the latest version of hybrid.

Regards
that's a bug, but if you simply disable auto deinterlacing or configure the output format to encode to interlaced output Hybrid won't deinterlace.
Alright, thanks for the answer.
If I may, I have another question (not related to that). Is Jinc resizer not present in hybrid? I couldn't find it.

Regards
Nope, I don't use it, nobody ever requested it.
-> not supported atm.
It would be nice to see it in future releases, if possible. It gives a pretty nice quality. Smile
Take a look at your spare time: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/JincResize

Thanks.
I did some small tests and now I remember why I don't like JicResize:
a. it eats lots of RAM
b. it causes quite a bit of ringing
but I can add support for it, may be there is a scenario where people really use this.

Cu Selur
I checked my old code and comments, I removed 'none' since it was unnecessary.
The normal intended behavior is:
a. when 'auto' is enabled: Hybrid will deinterlaced if the input isn't progressive and 'Force' is disabled
b. when 'Force' is enabled: Hybrid will always deinterlace depending independent of the scan type

Cu Selur
Quote:but I can add support for it, may be there is a scenario where people really use this.
Thank you very much for adding support to it. It's a bit hungry indeed, but in some sources it does a really good job.

Quote:I checked my old code and comments, I removed 'none' since it was unnecessary.
The normal intended behavior is:
a. when 'auto' is enabled: Hybrid will deinterlaced if the input isn't progressive and 'Force' is disabled
b. when 'Force' is enabled: Hybrid will always deinterlace depending independent of the scan type
Quite plausible. Thanks for the explanation.